Software engineers are the heart, mind and soul of Stryker’s R&D Teams.
Your key responsibilities
- As a Senior Software Architect you are part of our global Advanced Guidance Technology (AGT) Team.
- Your focus will be on continued development of existing and research and development of new feature for Stryker’s computer assisted guidance systems to optimally support neurosurgeons during planning and surgery.
- In your role you will be responsible for the analysis, specification, design and development, testing and documentation of complex components and applications for computer assisted surgical procedures.
- You will be closely working with developers from other AGT teams, as well as adjacent teams from other Stryker groups, e.g. Robotics.
- You will be working with our marketing and clinical specialist teams to learn more about our customer needs and come up with technical solutions to real world problems to improve patient outcomes. Part of this will require travel, both domestic and international, to learn directly from our global customers. (Expected annual travel 15%)
- Your office can be in Freiburg im Breisgau/Germany or Berlin/Germany. It would also be possible to work 80-90% from home. Please indicate your preference in your cover letter.
What are we looking for?
- You have a degree in either computer science, engineering or equivalent.
- You have min. 5 years of experience in application development. At least 2 years as tech lead / architect. Ideally, you have worked in the medical industry on related problems, or in another regulated industry.
- You have several years of experience in programming with either C++, C# or Java.
- You have experience in architecting complex UI applications and use of relevant technologies.
- You are a self-motivated, driven, reliable and able to work independently as well in a team.
- You have excellent communication skills as well are passionate about quality.
- Fluent English and German skills complete your profile.