We are looking for a Senior Database Developer to implement Assent's overall data strategy in the most efficient and effective way possible. This includes collaborating with the team to prepare APIs, optimize queries, design support tables, develop data pipelines, and be a champion for all things data for your team.
You'll be working on:
- Contributing to the database architecture vision and technical strategy.
- Providing technical leadership and mentorship to the application development team in all aspects of database design, creating and tuning queries;
- Implementing robust, performant data pipelines, APIs, and procedures to enable consistent, reliable data ingestion, management, and analysis across the software platform;
- Producing, publishing, and enforcing database development standards;
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to deeply understand current and evolving business needs in order to effectively evaluate, design, and implement suitable data-centric solutions;
- Reviewing and approving database designs presented by the development teams for implementation;
- Driving continuous improvement: analyze and measure existing system’s design, performance, and implementation issues; work on short term plans, proofs of concepts, actual implementation to maximize reliability, scalability, and performance;
- Participating in SQL development reviews (ad hoc scripts, stored procedure, triggers, etc.)
- Designing and enhancing Assent Compliance’s data solutions with a focus on data quality, performance, and scalability;
- Documenting, communicating, and championing data designs and rationale in order to elevate understanding and adoption across the Engineering and Product organization.
Join us if you:
- Have 7+ years of experience working with MS SQL Server, and/or other enterprise RDBMS
- Have 3+ years of experience in a lead role for the design of complex data models
- Have 5+ years of recent hands-on database development and tuning experience (stored procedures, functions, triggers, and indexes, etc.)
- Are experienced with working with developers to identify issues and help them optimize their DB access code
- Have a strong understanding of Cloud infrastructure and related technologies
- Have a strong ability to interpret user requirements to inform effective design and implementation of data models
- Are a true team player, and see collaboration as a means to innovate and accelerate greatness
- Have excellent communication skills with a keen ability to convey complex ideas and drive deep understanding among various audiences
- Are motivated to learn, open to feedback, and are always striving to self-improve
- Have experience working in an Agile environment
Nice to have:
- Are experienced in application software development (C#, .Net preferred)
- Are experienced with data warehousing
- Are experienced with ETL
- Are experienced with providing support for BI Solutions (Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, etc.)
What’s in it for you?
At Assent, we are an ambitious, fast-paced business which means there is never a dull moment. We strive to give back to our employees as much as they give to us.
In addition to a competitive salary, a benefits plan that starts the same day you do, and a fantastic office in a central location, you can expect to:
- Love what you do as part of a supportive team with a fantastic culture
- Advance your career in a position with high growth potential
- Choose how you work best in a flexible work environment
- Help create positive change by being part of a sustainable work environment with lots of opportunities to help the Ottawa community through our charitable work
At Assent, your contribution has purpose. Our team challenges each other to be better every day; we dig deep to build a culture of innovation and high performance for our people and our clients.
All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the aforementioned duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.