Do you have a desire for creating solutions through team brainstorming and collaboration? Is remote work important in your life? Are you self motivated? Do you have strong communication skills and enjoy managing people? If these things resonate with you, then you could be a great fit for our growing team!
The right candidate will have experience planning new team growth, creating pathways for bringing software and DevOps solutions forward, and working with old and new technologies. You are grounded in the values of collaboration, fun, flexibility, transparency, humility, and lack of ego. Productivity is important, but so is overall team health and culture. Above all, a passion for the software industry, a desire to learn and share your own abilities, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively are the traits that we are looking to add to our team.
Emerlyn Technology is a rapidly growing, market leading, pharmaceutical technology company with a remote workforce. Our software helps pharmacists on the ground make better purchasing and inventory management decisions every day. We manage millions of ordering transactions annually, resulting in billions of purchasing dollars.
As Development Manager at Emerlyn Technology you are responsible for guiding our growing Development and DevOps teams. Through learning about and an appreciation for our legacy systems, understanding new technologies and approaches, and the ability to effectively create processes and plans, the team will be successful in creating and maintaining the system of our future. This position allows for the opportunity to manage and mentor a highly skilled team.
Some of the tools and technologies we currently use are listed below. We are looking for diverse experiences and know you will have no problem learning our toolset.
- Java, Kotlin, Clojure
- Struts, Spring Framework, Hibernate
- SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Ubuntu, Docker
- Git, GitLab
- Leading and growing an innovative and motivated team
- Working with other managers to meet business goals
- Provide technical support to product design process
- Maintaining an environment that encourages education, code quality, and team collaboration
- Creating processes and plans to support maintaining current systems while also moving to new technologies and designs
- Guiding product focused development, rather than discrete projects, emphasizing long term goals rather than short term
- Implement a plan for growth - including scalability and reliability - of software services
- Being an integral part of our agile team process
- Manage and take part in on call rotations with team members
- Minimum of 10 years software design and development experience.
- Prior management of development teams, with a focus on creating processes for moving from legacy to current systems.
- Experience working with CI/CD processes and systems.
- Experience working with on-premise and cloud hosting.
Nice to have
- A working knowledge of the healthcare and/or pharmacy industry.
- Familiarity of purchasing and inventory management systems.
- Familiarity with B2B data transactions using EDI.