Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The FRL organization's mission is to give people the tools to feel connected anytime, anywhere. We create new, category-defining consumer hardware and software that are immersive, social, and increase the depth of people's connections. The team is a diverse group of problem solvers, inventors, and proven visionaries who are relentless about transforming everyday occurrences into rich experiences that have the potential to improve the way billions of people live. The Portal team brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The Facebook Portal team is looking for a Remote System Engineering Manager in our Portal group with strong technical expertise. You will manage a team responsible for building out the OS level (AOSP) infrastructure needed to enable and support Portal for work requirements. This includes device security and telemetry, customizing the feature set for different environments, and remote administration. A successful candidate will bring strong people management, communication, and cross organization collaboration skills in combination with deep technical knowledge.
- Help define, build and lead our strategy to deliver world-class products and services, while staying on top of the day-to-day software development.
- Work cross-functionally to design solutions that work across Facebook Reality Labs product offerings.
- Develop a technical roadmap and vision, with guidance to both your team members and your peers.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Establish a solid project framework and development processes.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability.
- Customize the OS for specific work environments and use cases and build scalable solutions to configure devices for them.
- Build management and monitoring systems for device status, configuration, permissions, provisioning, and software updates.
- Experience with Android middleware (Frameworks + Services).
- Experience building enterprise client infrastructure.
- Experience with device security, management, and remote configuration.
- 5+ years of experience leading software development teams to ship high quality consumer or business products.
- Experience in MDM support.
- Experience in direct boot support for applications.
- Experience in pre-granted permissions for enterprise third party applications.
- Experience in accessibility support.
- Experience in device configuration download and management.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.