What you'll do on a day-to-day basis
- Develop new features and enhance our products. We have tons of ideas that need to be prototyped, tested, and eventually released. You will develop in TypeScript/React, HTML/CSS, and API development.
- Support and improve existing websites. We're currently in charge of multiple websites in different development stacks, and they all require maintenance.
- Lead us making smart architectural decisions. Work closely with business stakeholders, you will architect and develop products that are scalable, secure, and distributable, and most importantly, will solve the business problems.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate. Everything we do has an impact on the business. You will be working directly with product managers, campaign managers, business analysts, UX designers.
- Mentor junior engineers and delegate tasks. We want everyone on the team to grow professionally and contribute to the success of Full Beaker. Pass on your knowledge and encourage the team to learn and do more.
Best Things About The Job:
- You'll work in a safe and open environment with talented people who have a broad range of experience.
- You'll enjoy freedom when building new things and improving existing products.
- You'll be supported, but never micromanaged.
- You'll be encouraged to learn: we provide a $1500 budget per year that covers books, courses, and conferences.
Here’s what you can expect from our interview process:
You'll spend some time talking with our Head of Product, VP of Strategy, our CEO, and our founder. During those conversations, we'll be looking to assess whether you're a good cultural fit and that our values are aligned. We encourage you to come prepared with as many questions as possible to determine whether we're a good fit for you!
We will assess your ability to act independently and lead to the development of new products. This includes cross-team communication and collaboration, planning and organization, and the ability to move seamlessly from strategy down to the details.
Things you should know:
COVID and temporary/permanent remote working. Due to COVID, Full Beaker’s Bellevue office has been closed since March 5, 2020, and everyone has been working remotely. Like most companies, we can’t say for sure when our office will reopen. However, when it does, we will be respectful of everyone’s individual situation and preferences. Subject to whatever social distancing/public health requirements are in place, people that want to work in the Bellevue office on a regular and frequent basis will be able to do so. However, if people want to work remote permanently and come into the office less frequently, that will be an option too. Like every company, we’ll need to establish some ground rules for how this will work and we haven’t worked out those details yet. If this is something of interest, please do ask about it during your interview. In summary, whilst our preference is for people to be in our Bellevue office when they can, permanent WFH is an option too.
Our Company Values:
We want to make sure our company values are emulated by everyone at Full Beaker. You can read more about them at https://fullbeaker.com/values
Full Beaker, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.