This is a remote position but within +/- 2 hours of Eastern Standard Timezones(NYC).
Applicants must have strong written and oral communication in English.
Blue Orange Digital is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our talented multi-disciplinary team. We build modern data analytics platforms for our clients that incorporate advanced analytics and machine learning to solve business problems. Blue Orange Digital works across multiple industries, this role provides an exciting set of experiences across a wide range of domains.
Your primary focus as a Senior Data Engineer will be collaborating on the design and development of a modern data platform in AWS built on top of Snowflake and dbt. Blue Orange engineers take end-to-end ownership of their code and platforms, so the ideal candidate for this position has a mixture of experience in Cloud Engineering and Data Engineering. At Blue Orange we never stop learning and growing, new team members should be passionate about data technology and life-long learners.
Core Responsibilities & Skills
- Design, develop, test, and deliver a maintainable, scalable data platform built in AWS with Snowflake and dbt at its core.
- Implement Snowflake’s best practices for loading and transforming data.
- Work closely with business and technical stakeholders to refine pipeline requirements and design data models to support business objectives.
- Help establish and follow a DataOps culture within the team.
- Work closely in an agile team setting to deliver high-quality systems and value to our clients.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience building ETL pipelines and working with different Cloud Data Warehouses (Redshift, Snowflake, Azure SQL Data Warehouse).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with Snowflake.
- Advanced experience in Python and SQL. Advanced understanding of computer science fundamentals, complex data structure, data processing, data quality, data lifecycle, and algorithms.
- Experience using Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, CloudFormation).
- AWS certification, or progress toward, at the associate level (Solutions Architect or Developer), or specialty (Big Data) a strong advantage.
- Enjoys collaborating with other engineers on architecture and sharing designs with the team
- Excellent verbal and written English communication.
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment
About Blue Orange
Founded by freelance engineers, Blue Orange Digital wanted to bring an engineering-first approach to the development agency model. We work on projects that use the latest and greatest technologies. We care about the products we build and only work with clients who understand that good applications come from happy engineers and team members. We’re headquartered in NYC and DC with additional remote engineers across the US and Latin America.