Celebrating birthdays, planning your next vacation, saving for retirement: that's our customer's job. Making sure they have access to their money: that's ours.
We made Grid to help hard-working Americans. We're starting by giving back the money that's been overpaid in taxes today, not next year. That extra cash can go towards saving for a home upgrade, making the holidays a little brighter, or a little treat for themselves. Grid has already helped thousands of people get a little closer to their dreams. And we're just getting started.
We're looking for a seasoned Android Engineer who can help us build beautiful, interactive apps that convey complicated ideas simply and effectively. The ideal candidate is a master at Swift, React Native, PWA, or another uncompromising technology for building award-winning apps. The candidate learns new technologies quickly and has strong software engineering and computer science fundamentals. Our Android Engineers have strong input to product, design, and platform design, and builds the product our users depend on to improve their financial wellness.
Your role as a Lead Android Engineer is to build the app from scratch, as well as develop the company's Android app development discipline. You will be writing code, setting style guides, ensuring conformity of UI and UX to Android UI guidelines, and collaborating cross-functionally with product, design, and leadership.
- Open collaboration
- Code reviews
- Agile development
- Kotlin/React Native/Insert Uncompromising UI Framework
- Protocol Buffers
We're looking for Engineers to:
- Design, implement, and maintain the Grid Android app
- Assist and build platform
- Pragmatically solve problems
- Contribute to product design and direction
- Effectively communicate and work with other teams
- Expert at developing and debugging software
- Disciplined approach to development, testing, and quality assurance
- Excellent communication skills, capable of explaining highly technical problems in English
- Experience with Git and version control
- Experience with databases and caching
Strong candidates may have:
- Actively contributed to open source software
- Worked with a strong, lean-based development environment
- Previous work experience in a start-up environment
- Industry experience and knowledge
- Ability to recognize the right tool for the right situation/problem