MTG is looking for competent programmers to join our fast-paced engineering team. Whether it's balancing a laptop on the handlebars of a quad-bike as you test your new GPS driver or writing code to coordinate a fleet of 10-ton self-driving agricultural vehicles - you will not be short of exciting challenges at MTG.
- Demonstrated fluency in C++ and Python.
- Ability to design, build and test complex and high-performance consumer-ready algorithms.
- Ability to design simulation software that may be later used in client facing software.
- Natural 'tinkerer', willing to show a handful of fun personal projects developed outside of school / work.
- Familiarity with MATLAB and web-based languages (Java, HTML etc.)
- Familiarity with GitHub (or other version control solutions).
- Proficiency with SoC and micro-controllers (e.g. Raspberry Pi, Arduino).
- Confidence working with digital electronics.
- Highly self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- Firm grasp of fundamental mathematics.
- Full / clean California driving license. (If not working remote)
- CAD and CAM experience.
- Confidence developing with common communications protocols (TCP, UDP, CAN, Serial, I2C).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to lift 50 lbs / drive large vehicles (not applicable to applicants with a relevant disability).
- Willing to learn new skills as / when the project demands.
- Willing to travel (within California, the USA and internationally).
- Circuit board design.
- Structural and thermal FEA.
- Experience in agriculture / Ag-Tech.
- Spanish speaker.
- 3D printing experience.
- CNC experience.
- Experience with GPS, RTK and/or other localization technologies.
- Experience with sensors (lidar / industrial potentiometers / encoders / strain gauges / temperature probes).
- Experience with vision systems.
Experience / qualifications:
- 6 months experience as a major contributor in any research / development environment. (Developer II)
- Optional: 2+ years (Developer III)
- Bachelors in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering (or other related field) OR equivalent experience (demonstrated at interview).
- Rapidly review and understand MTG's existing code base to a level where you can confidently contribute new code.
- Manage projects at a high level and assign tasks to fellow team members.
- Motivate yourself and other team members.
- Be prepared for longer hours in-season and working outside for long periods.
- Take personal responsibility and play an active role in development of the company.
- Take pride in the company and help foster strong relationships with our customers.