We are currently seeking a Data Team Lead OR Senior Data Engineer to join Swift! If you’re looking to grow your career and your impact with a leading healthcare tech company, then we have the role for you at Swift Medical.
As the world leader in digital wound care management, we deliver advanced wound care visualization and touchless 3D measurement through our smartphone-ready Swift Skin and Wound software. We’ve been adopted by more than 2,100 facilities across North America and are now leading the Telewound Care Canada Project for The Digital Technology Supercluster Covid-19 Response Program.
You will be reporting to our VP of Engineering.
- At Swift, you will be responsible for managing a small team of data engineers through an agile process to maintain and develop Swift’s data platform
- Administer, maintain and develop the enterprise Data Warehouse
- Guide the maintenance and development of our RESTful Data API that brings our machine learning models to production
- Develop and execute the Data Team road map
- 4+ years of experience working with SQL databases, preferably Data Warehouses like Snowflake or Redshift
- In depth knowledge of at least one programming language, preferably Python, Java or Scala
- 2+ years experience with Web frameworks, preferably Flask or Django
- 2+ years of experience with cloud computing, preferably AWS
- 1+ years of experience with K8s
- 2+ years of experience with a scheduling framework like Airflow or Luigi
- Experience writing well-tested code
- Can work in a dynamic environment - not phased by multi-tasking, managing shifting priorities, or following through on projects with minimal supervision.
- Experience with Kafka is an asset
Technologies we use:
- Python, Flask
- Snowflake, Postgresql
- Gitlab CI/CD
Working @ Swift Medical:
One of the very best things about Swift Medical is our people and the inclusive close-knit work culture we’ve created. Based on direct anonymous feedback from our team Swift has been certified as a Great Place to Work®! We offer great benefits and perks such as drug+dental insurance, health spending accounts, flexible vacations, employee stock options, and many more.
Swift is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse workplace. Swift provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.