Scalable Path is looking for a Data Scientist Developer to join the team and work on a client project. This is a remote, full-time position.
The pay rate for this role is from $45 - $80 USD per hour, depending on experience and capability
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is a startup that has ambitious goals to transform the "Internet of pages" into the "Internet of data". The current project is using their search product on an e-commerce site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop, evaluate, and implement predictive models using a wide range of machine-learning algorithms including model selection, feature engineering, hyperparameter tuning, monitoring, and feedback mechanisms.
Develop tools that connect to, collect, enrich, augment, and analyze data.
Develop and integrate production-level ML models and data manipulation tools into the platform.
Work closely with management and engineers to understand the business context of your work and design innovative solutions to relevant challenges.
Here is a white paper that describes the kinds of things the client needs to do:
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will be working with Ph.D. Computer Scientist who is experienced in most AI topics with several implementations. The client is in the America/Los Angeles (-07:00) PDT time zone.
- Strong written and spoken English
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid foundation in machine learning systems and algorithms
- Strong background in algorithms and data structures
- Experience in data science, machine learning, search, natural language processing
- Experience with Python and related machine-learning frameworks: NumPy, Scipy, Scikit-learn, Nltk
- Understanding of language models and ontologies such as WordNet, Yago, etc.
- Proficiency with compiled languages such as C/C++, Java, or Scala
- Experience working with modern cloud infrastructures such as NoSQL databases, graph databases, messaging services, and container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes).
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) SKILLS:
- Rust programming language
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION: