Whitespectre is looking for a frontend-focused Full Stack Rails Developer to work on Whitespectre’s own SaaS platform as well as exciting projects for our client partners. In this role, you’ll work within a fast-moving cross-functional team of backend and frontend engineers, Product, and UI/UX to solve interesting technical challenges and create products that drive real business growth at scale.
Whitespectre is a technology consultancy that develops high-performing platforms and applications for our client partners. We work with both high-growth start-ups and large established companies looking to launch new products. Founded in 2015, we’re a team of 70 smart and diverse architects, engineers, product managers, and designers from across the globe, working together remotely- and we’re growing fast!
What you’ll do:
- Be an expert at building fully responsive, beautiful layouts with grids or flexbox
- Partner with your Product and UI/UX teammates to figure out the most efficient implementation for the experience they are looking for.
- Optimize frontend experience to be fast and performant (PageSpeed Insights is your friend)
- Design how the frontend and backend should work together; helping break down boundaries appropriately
- Use Ruby to implement business logic, encapsulating in APIs and making performant database queries
- Write well tested, (near!) defect-free code with CI/CD
- Take ownership of production products - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
You must have...
- Availability to work full-time within a fast-moving cross-functional team, working 11 am - 8 pm Central European Team
- Proven experience using Agile Methodologies in a remote team
- Ideally, a minimum of 2 years of experience performing this role
- Excellent Communications skills (both verbal and written) are essential for this role.
What do we offer?
- 100% Remote team: Work as part of a talented, globally distributed, successful team with over 8 years of remote experience.
- Interesting challenges: We’ve done everything from scaling high-performance applications, building beautiful (but complex) user interfaces to low-level Bluetooth communication with hardware devices.
- Impact: Our delivery teams are fast-moving, highly collaborative, and own products end to end- your thinking and contribution make a big impact!
- Great environment: We provide a great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people.
- Career progression: We want you to grow with us and provide the opportunities, knowledge sharing and mentorship to do that.
- The best-in-class toolsets: Slack, CI/CD with Docker etc
- Work-life balance: love your work, but know that it doesn’t take over your life.
- Paid Meetups: Come meet with your colleagues in Barcelona or at a local meetup.
- Competitive rates
Please no recruiting agencies