NAVIS is hiring an experienced Infrastructure Developer (DevOps)! This is a US-based, virtual / remote position that will be responsible for working with a Pacific Time Zone based team.
This role is responsible for helping to enable the Agile framework through systems for various engineering projects and initiatives while looking for ways to become more efficient by implementing various DevOps practices. This is a Senior-level position and you will be expected to be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all things DevOps for NAVIS.
WHY THIS JOB MATTERS:
You have the opportunity to help set the strategy AND execute upon it from a DevOps perspective. You get to help plan, build out, and set into motion a more formalized (yet agile) DevOps practice that affects the entire Company. This position is highly visible and highly critical to our success. You will be hands-on with technology daily. You will partner with teams in neighboring departments to help them be better at what they do. You will help teach and mentor, while learning and growing your own career.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Strategically architect, build and extend our software delivery / software release management pipeline supporting continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) for multiple teams
- Work as a dedicated subject-matter-expert DevOps resource with multiple development teams, becoming the liaison between software development and infrastructure
- Architect, design, implement and manage the build and deployment of configuration management tools, and automated test tool sets
- Design, create, and maintain a release management strategy supporting an always-on 24/7, high-availability SaaS platform with a focus on performance and scalability
- Responsible for strategically mapping out, developing, documenting, and socializing DevOps processes and related tools across the organization
- Develop patterns and processes to improve the velocity and self-sufficiency of the development team
- Shared team responsibility for the up-time of the SaaS products
- Work with architects and engineers to provide automated solutions driving improved efficiency throughout the SDLC
- Identify best-in-class DevOps practices and drive ongoing improvements and efficiencies in operational practices, tools, and processes
- Responsible for troubleshooting issues with SaaS products for the teams assigned
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related Information Technology field; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred; Master’s Degree is ideal and preferred
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies
- At least 7 years’ experience with scripting technologies – especially Python for automation purposes
- At least 4 years’ experience with of DevOps practices
- At least 5 years’ experience with Windows 2012, CentOS 7, and VMWare
- Demonstrated ability to learn, implement and evangelize new technologies
- At least 3 years’ experience automating cloud (AWS highly preferred) and on-premise infrastructure; deploying multiple software applications using AWS
- At least 7 years’ experience troubleshooting distributed applications
- Ability to deliver innovative solutions for problems where there are no available precedents
- At least 5 years’ experience using configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- At least 5 years’ experience supporting Java applications
- Experience with CI/CD methodologies
- Must demonstrate strength in the following areas daily; analytical problem solving, risk identification/mitigation, sense of urgency, sense of accountability, relationship building and excellent communication skills
- An inclusive, fun, values-driven company culture – we’ve won awards for it
- A growing tech company based in beautiful Bend, Oregon
- Work / Life balance - what a concept!
- The opportunity to BUILD something special, rather than just maintain it
- Excellent benefits package with a Medical Expense Reimbursement Program that helps keep our medical deductibles LOW for our Team Members
- 401(k) with generous matching component
- Generous time off plus a VTO day to use working at your favorite charity
- Competitive pay + annual bonus program
- FREE TURKEYS (or pies) for every Team Member for Thanksgiving (hey, don't laugh - it's a tradition around here)
- Your work makes a difference here, and we make a huge impact to our clients’ profits
- Transparency – regular All-Team meetings, so you can stay in-the-know with what’s going on in all areas our business
NAVIS is the only Unified CRM solution for hotels and vacation rental management companies that brings their data and their reservations sales, marketing, and revenue teams together to drive more direct bookings and revenue. Because we believe technology should make you money, not cost you money, we developed our game-changing Revenue Performance Platform™ to transform teams into revenue makers, enabling them to drive, capture and convert more direct bookings. We deliver actionable guest insights so departments can seamlessly sell and market together. The result is always a dramatic increase in direct sales and profit. We guarantee it.
Founded in 1987, NAVIS is a privately held company with headquarters in Bend, Oregon.
We have been named on multiple "Top Workplaces" lists for NINE years running!
NAVIS is honored and humbled to have been recognized as a "Top Workplace" by "The Oregonian" for several years (and again in 2019).
At NAVIS, our Core Values are:
- Golden Rule: I treat others as I want to be treated
- Integrity: I am a person of my word and highly trusted
- Innovation: I create solutions for difficult business problems
- Performance: I am part of an ambitious team and my results matter
- Attitude: I am a positive influence, I love my team and the work we do
NAVIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).