About the role:
We are looking for DevOps specialists to help us build our evolving stack. At Findify, we make extensive use of data collection, processing and machine learning algorithms to help our merchants provide better search and recommendations to their customers. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving the current infrastructure and setting up processes to make the stack more reliable and the team more productive.
We strive to take the most pragmatic choice when it comes to choosing technology. Always weighing the complexity and cost of our choices. Our backend is written in mostly in Scala, with some Node.js. We use Flink for data processing and to power our machine learning algorithms. Node is used as an API gateway between our search engine (Scala) and the end-users.
We're deploying to Kubernetes, managed by AWS (eks). We use managed solutions where it makes sense, but are not afraid to manage open source solutions ourselves when hosted ones don't fit the bill.
We have CI/CD pipelines set up via CircleCI and ArgoCD.
We like to embrace new technologies and processes that are helping our engineers be more productive.
We’re not afraid to challenge our choices, we love open source and above all, we’re a product-driven company so technology is at the core of everything we do.
We care about monitoring, alerting and security. You will get to work with amazing engineers.
What you will do:
- Own and lead operational aspects of our product, ranging from automation, monitoring to evaluating tech choices
- Work with other engineers to innovate and improve the reliability of our service
- Manage our CI/CD pipelines, including designing and evolving a canary release strategy that fits our multi-tenant environment
- Improve daily workflows and processes of the engineering team
- Initiative-taking; you are self-motivated, a doer, and can drive projects from start to finish
- A leader; you have a proven ability to inspire, energize and mobilize a team towards a goal
- A team-player; you are comfortable working with different styles and believe (like us) that together we achieve much more than alone
- Driven; you are used to working hard to achieve a goal you care about and running several projects in parallel
- A great communicator; you are comfortable in communicating in English both written and oral, including leading meetings, selling your ideas and storytelling
- Extensive experience with AWS (EC2, VPC, networking, IAM, etc.)
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes (cluster administration, monitoring, auto-scaling and advanced settings)
- Previous experience with Docker, Prometheus, Grafana
- Experience with a configuration management tool like Ansible or Terraform
- Experience setting up applications monitoring (telemetry, alerting, reporting)
- 4+ years of industry experience.
We’d be extra impressed if you also have experience with:
- CI/CD pipelines (CircleCI and ArgoCD are a plus)
- operating JVM applications (tuning, monitoring, profiling)
Location: remote. Flexible within timezone CET +/-2
We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better products we build and the better we are able to serve our customers. Women and other minorities underrepresented in tech are strongly encouraged to apply.