Falkbuilt is a technology driven start-up venture. Founders include Mogens Smed and Barrie Loberg. With digital intelligence we will revolutionize the construction industry. Our work leverages the video game experience while making it real with data to build the physical replica of the virtual.
Falkbuilt is based in Calgary, Canada (MST), we have a top-shelf team of developers to implement a state-of-the-art platform. It is a small, tight, clean-coding group of professionals. This position is open for remote work from the comfort of your own home in any time zone from the Pacific coast of North America east to Europe.
We are looking for a senior developer to maintain and support existing backend services as well as develop new ones as need arises for the efficient and cost-effective flow of information from a virtual representation to the actual physical product using several industry standard software platforms.
Our Backend Tech Stack
- Backend: Java/Spring/VertX
- Database: MySql, MongoDB, Hibernate, Neo4j
- Cloud: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- CI/CD: Gradle, Git, Terraform
- Other: Kafka, ELK
- Expert level Neo4j or similar graph database.
- Expert level Java and Spring development.
- Demonstrable experience with SaaS development.
- Demonstrable experience with micro-service development.
- Experience developing RESTful applications.
- Focused on software quality assurance and test automation.
- Excited about doing real things, like programming for a real factory.
- Ability to develop in multiple technologies with the capacity to pick up new ones as required.
- Excited about writing software used by your co-workers with quick feature turn-around and immediate feedback.
- We are particularly interested in a developer who has demonstrable experience building non-trivial graph based custom data solutions.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines.
- Familiarity with .Net/C#.
- Familiarity with Angular frontends.
- Experience in the construction industry, shop drawings, architectural drawings, etc.