Formstack transforms the way you collect data and put it to work.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help us accomplish this mission!
Formstack is a 14-year-old company with its roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform. We are seeking people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Who You Are:
You have empathy and want to mentor teammates to enable them to continue to grow. You are OK with your team's wins being your wins as well. You are a great leader, listener, decision-maker, and can think on your feet. You believe people should lead by example.
You have great attention to detail and enjoy keeping track of the who, what, when, where, and why. Constantly thinking about how to improve the development process keeps you up at night. You put your team ahead of yourself and try to do what's best for all parties involved. You aren't scared to make mistakes and try new things to achieve your objectives. You are comfortable not always knowing the answer and without a doubt a great communicator.
What You'll Do:
You will work with multiple teams to help scope and hand off projects to the appropriate teams. Responsibilities include tracking team performance, setting, measuring, monitoring, and managing goals, managing expectations, and delivering projects on a deadline. You will be removing roadblocks so your teams can move.
The majority of this role will be to manage people, projects, and timelines. You should have an understanding of software development, SLDC processes, and be comfortable helping out when needed.
You will begin to assess needs and opportunities for your team around the process and weigh in heavily on making updates to our current process and be OK leading meetings. You will also help prioritize a backlog of tech-related projects and hold 1:1s with your team to ensure quality and timely feedback is given for growth.
How You Will Succeed:
- Excellent project management skills
- Superb organization skills and process management
- Exceptional customer service skills
- You set measurable goals for yourself as well as others
- You can work asynchronously
- Exceptional attention to detail and critical thinking
- You can work independently but also work well within a team environment
- On-call duty on a rotating schedule
- Ability to leave your ego at the door
What We Are Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience working with modern technologies, agile process, and/or managing people
- Demonstrated success working in a development environment
- Ability to provide training and technical leadership to multiple departments
- Proven success as a team lead or a similar position
- Comfortable managing x-functional teams with a wide variety of technical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable with agile methodologies & scrum
- Proven ability to manage a remote team of software developers
- Passion for quality. Code coverage with unit tests should be as complete as possible. Strive for performance and correctness.
- Ability to help plan the technical part of a release from start to finish
- Ability to mentor and lead a small team
- Ability to run an effective meeting
- Ability to work remote and with remote team members
- Ability to talk to non-technical people and groups
- The Ability to travel (<10%) for team meetups, conferences, etc.
- Previous experience working on a SaaS related product
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience working and managing teams over multiple time zones
- Experience using JIRA or similar software
- Scrum certification
- AWS certifications
- Full-stack experience
- Mobile experience
What Formstack Offers:
- Free health plans, as well as company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for full-time employees.
- Unlimited PTO for all employees.
- Retirement accounts with company matching for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning opportunities
- Yearly company gatherings
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? CLICK HERE to hear from some current Formstackers about what matters most!
Formstack is proud and dedicated to provide Equal Employment Opportunities
Formstack maintains a policy that Equal Employment Opportunities be available to all persons without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, union affiliation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This means we do not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all applicants and employees through all phases of employment, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, treatment during employment, demotion, and termination.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.
Thank you for your interest in Formstack!