Social media has failed us. We were promised a place to bond online, to expand our horizons and connect with our fellow humankind. Instead, we got antagonistic echo chambers with mediums for communication that only further an outrage culture and business models that incentivize spreading disinformation.
At Fireside we are building a platform with a goal of promoting civil intelligent discourse, shared connected experiences, and genuine relationship building virtually. We’re doing this through building a first-of-its-kind interactive broadcasting platform to promote driving social impact through meaningful conversations at scale.
We’ve raised a multi-million dollar seed round from top tier consumer investors and the co-founding team is made up of experienced serial entrepreneurs including Mark Cuban. You’ll be joining a small team on the ground floor and will have a huge impact on the platform and community we’re building.
Fireside is seeking an experienced (5+ yrs) media streaming engineer.
- Full Time Salary
- Fully Remote is OK with 4+ hours overlap with PST time
- If US based, will include medical/dental benefits and equity
Excellent candidates will have experience designing multi-datacenter, low latency media stream processing systems, instrumenting and debugging performance problems, 3rd party API integrations, and nice-to-have experience with devops deployments at scale.
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Ideally Golang / Elixir / C++
- Solid engineering background (CS degree a plus)
- Experience working on highly concurrent distributed systems
- Intimate knowledge of streaming protocols:
- HLS (and LHLS)
- Experience with one or more major streaming tool kits:
- Membrane Framework
- Experience with global content distribution (CDNs, etc)
Nice to have:
- Experience with telephony APIs: Twilio/Agora/Etc
- Devops experience
Qualified candidates will also exhibit these soft skills:
- Ownership and Accountability
- Our team is small, so you will get a lot of responsibility immediately. That also means we’ll be depending on you to deliver.
- Superb English written and verbal communication skills
- This is a remote role, so the ability to create and communicate complex and detailed technical specifications is required
- Product orientation
- No specification is perfect, so we expect everyone on our team to put themselves in the user’s position and ask questions to make the right decisions on their behalf