Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
About the Position
Contrast is looking for a QA Analyst to join our growing, global engineering team. Our engineering team has a strong spirit of entrepreneurship. Every member has joined us over our 6 year history because he/she wants to be part of a high-performing team and go through the scale up experience.
We look for candidates who share similar goals and beliefs about the work and the team they want to be a part of. Our test automation engineers believe the reward for a job well done is another job. You would rather spend your time enabling engineering teams to more effectively write their own tests than write tests for them. You thrive in an environment where there is something new to learn with each major effort. You’ll be landing with an engineering team with the goal of improving their unit testing coverage. Maybe they need help mocking services? Maybe they need help just refactoring a large group of tests during a system upgrade? Maybe they need help starting a load testing practice? Our teams will ask. You will research, implement and train. Always improving our test coverage and automation.
- Work with multiple agile teams to establish testing metrics and achieve them.
- Work with teams to set up testing processes, patterns and standards and be the voice of quality.
- Help define acceptance criteria
- Perform exploratory testing of applications, services, and tools.
- Define what tests should be automated and aid in automating them.
- Debug and triage internal and external issues.
- Work cross-functionally within a service team and be a core contributor in every significant engineering solution that is delivered
- Solid understanding of system design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs
- You have 5+ years in technology with at least three in a QA or testing role
- You know what to automate, and what shouldn’t.
- You love to break things, and you like to share how you did it.
- You can find your way around a database
- You can navigate around REST APIs.
- You can demonstrate familiarity with common language frameworks.
- You have a desire to make the Internet a safer place.
- You have a passion for tools, testing frameworks, methodologies and implementations. You choose them based on the best fit for the problem at hand.
- You approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you're building.
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need. You write things down so someone else on your team can do them.
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work results from finding the simplest solution to complex challenges. We see simplicity as the greatest expression of intelligence and responsibility.
- You see the big picture. You understand how the code you write interacts with systems and services, both internally and externally.
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- In-office Lunches
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security. Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR. As a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.