Postscript is redefining marketing for ecommerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for ecommerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world class go-to-market (GTM) organization.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will be a core contributor to our codebase by building out new features and improving our legacy components. Our frontend is built with React JS and Bootstrap UI. You will be responsible for the ownership of frontend tasks, including writing code, developing tests, and QA’ing work. You will work closely with our lead frontend developer, fullstack engineers, and product designers to continually get world-class product work over the finish line. Your natural empathy for users and passion for building great products, especially in early-stage companies, will lead you to have meaningful positive impact on both the product and the company. In addition, you will have the opportunity to build processes that enable the team to rapidly iterate on frontend feature development and improvement as we scale.
All positions at Postscript are fully remote - North America.
- Develop interfaces from designs and functional specifications of varying definition
- Add features to existing functionality and maintain legacy code with bug fixes
- Be a trustworthy contributor to our frontend codebase and internal engineering processes
- Proactively and clearly communicate with the engineering team and other team members to resolve questions and solve problems
- Advance our internal frontend codebase by improving upon existing patterns
- 2+ years of production React experience with modern tooling (ES6 etc)
- Follows best practices and modern usage of react (hooks, context api, functional components etc.)
- Experience using state management patterns or libraries (context api, redux, mobx etc.)
- Familiarity with unit and integration tests
- Experience writing CSS (styled components a plus)
- Experience working on and maintaining a large frontend codebase
What we’ll love about you
- Demonstrated success in developing interfaces from designs or functional specifications
- Passion for React and its ecosystem
- Passion for early stage companies and the opportunity to be responsible for owning and improving a new, fast-growing code base
- Empathy for users when thinking about UI and UX
- Strong attention to detail
What you’ll love about us
- Happy customers who want our product and happy team members who love our company
- Growth - we empower our people then get out of their way
- Fun - we're passionate and enjoy what we do
- Transparency - we’re open about the state of the business and value feedback loops at every level
- Empathy - we care about our employees and our customers - no room for jerks
- Remote culture - work from home (or wherever)
- Above market compensation, including equity, unlimited PTO + health, dental, vision insurance
You are welcome here. Postscript is an ever-evolving place of equal employment for talented individuals.