We are looking for someone well-versed in recent front-end development and has a passion for it. As a well rounded software engineer, you should definitely be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and challenges outside of your comfort level! A typical day in the life of a PacketFabric senior software engineer might include these types of activities:
- Designing a deterministic lifecycle workflow for our next product offering.
- Writing core platform code for a new feature, and unit tests for functionality.
- Refactoring and improving existing code for performance and simplicity. For example, breaking a large method into smaller, more maintainable and easily tested methods.
- Building command line tools to help network engineers better manage network state.
- Researching additional ideas, you may have to improve the product/platform overall and sharing with the team.
- Interacting with customers and/or sales on a bug in the software, quickly resolving it, and coordinating across the team to push a fix.
- Working with backend engineers and discussing quirks in network protocols and network interconnection which translate rapid API and UI changes.
The right candidate will have an abundance of hard core programming skills, have solid instincts for usability and creating beautiful functional web applications. You are probably a full stack developer who naturally gravitates towards front end work. More specifics include:
- Experience with AngularJS
- Experience with Vue.js
- Experience with the HTTP protocol and developing and using RESTful APIs.
- Experience in large scale distributed systems.
- Experience writing code that interacts asynchronously with detailed APIs on complex logic flows.
- Very comfortable using Git in a team environment (i.e. pull-requests, branch management, rebasing).
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication collaboration tools like Slack, Zoom etc.
- Never being afraid to venture boldly where none have gone before and develop code where there are no previous libraries to draw from.
- Experience with a graphing library, such as D3.js, and creating large scale data visualizations of any type
- Experience with Websockets
- Experience with a build system, such as Gulp.js