Sonatype’s mission is to help organizations develop better software, faster with open source. We offer a series of products and services including the Nexus Repository Manager and Nexus Lifecycle Manager.
We are a fully remote and highly talented product development group and we work in small autonomous teams to create high-quality products. Thousands of organizations and millions of developers use our software. If you have a passion for challenging problems, software craftsmanship, and having an impact, Sonatype can deliver in all of these areas. The Software Engineering Manager at Sonatype is a highly-technical and results-oriented individual, responsible for ensuring high performance of agile teams within a product line. She/he knows her/his teams and can engage at the appropriate level, adapting as needed. The Engineering Manager supports and leads the members and the operation of our agile teams in the Nexus Repository Manager product line. She/he supports the execution of initiatives, alignment of resources, and delivery of high-quality software products. This individual will help inspire, lead technical innovation, and overcome execution obstacles.
- Support software engineering teams in an Agile environment in pursuit of high team performance.
- Help plan and execute initiatives.
- Deliver in appropriate timeframes with high quality, while balancing business and technical priorities and constraints.
- Effectively set and manage expectations around team delivery.
- Partner with product stakeholders on roadmap planning, solution design, sizing, and estimation.
- Help define and manage processes for how people and systems should work together.
- Help recruit, onboard, mentor, and manage engineers.
- Work with engineers to grow their skills and ensure they have the right challenges.
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute as appropriate.
Requirements & Skills
- Experience serving in either an engineering manager role or team lead role.
- Significant experience working with teams in an Agile environment.
- Significant software development experience in a commercial environment.
- Ability to work and manage teams in a fully remote environment.
- Love developing and growing people.
- Highly organized with relevant technical project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or relevant work experience.