QA Automation Engineer
Multilogin helps businesses and organizations see the internet through millions of computers. We are looking to hire an QA Automation Engineer to help us build a product that users love.
Examples of what you'll do:
- Write automation UI and API tests for new features.
- Integrate tests into build pipelines, with a focus on continuous delivery.
- Design and maintain test data, test cases and test scripts for projects to ensure a high-quality level.
- Analyze results of auto-test runs.
- Write reusable and testable code.
- Create test plans/cases/reports for client application components using specification and issues in Jira.
- Help with manual testing activities in case of a lack of resources (not more than 30% of overall time).
- Collaborate with other team members.
As you grow into the role, you'll have opportunities to challenge yourself in other projects.
You'd be a good fit if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience with automation of desktop apps with client-server applications in Java.
- Have experience with setting up automation frameworks from scratch.
- Understand OOP principles.
- Have experience with setting up CI/CD infrastructure (Gitlab, Jenkins, TeamCity, or similar).
- Have practical experience with Docker.
- Have experience with REST services automation.
- Have a deep understanding of HTTP protocol and client-server architecture.
- Have a strong knowledge of SQL.
- Have very good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Are punctual and attentive to details.
- Willing to spend first 1 month in Tallinn for onboarding.
We're looking for someone who is highly motivated and wants to grow as a QA automation engineer alongside the growth of our product and organization. The more you learn, the greater challenges you will face. This is a great opportunity to become a team member of a rising star in the Estonian startup scene.
Check out all the benefits of working at Multilogin from the main careers page.
Did we spark your interest? Apply via the application form now and let's talk!
Agency calls are not appreciated.