Market America, a Global Product Brokerage and Internet Marketing company that specializes in One-to-One Marketing, is seeking skilled mid to senior level Python developers for engineering roles.
As a Software Development Engineer at Market America, you will design and build new services that will accelerate large, enterprise computing services. Delivering reliable and high-performance services at scale requires engineers with extraordinary technical expertise and boundless creativity. At Market America, we also expect engineers to interact with internal customers, to understand our business goals, and to innovate rapidly, delivering high-quality and ground-breaking functionality.
What does it take to thrive as a developer at Market America and SHOP.COM? You need to be creative, responsible, and curious while working with others to move quickly in turning code into customer solutions. You’re excited about rolling up your sleeves, implementing big ideas, and learning from those around you. You want the opportunity to grow your technical and professional skills while helping us grow. You relish the opportunity to dig into challenging operational issues and to help us build the next generation of web applications. If you’re somebody who knows how to be both productive and have fun with others in doing it, we need you!
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
- Proficiency in a modern programming language such as Python
- Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
- Knowledge of network, distributed, asynchronous and concurrent programming
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
- Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
- Experience in NoSQL data modeling and operations
- Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Market America offers competitive salary and generous benefits if full time, including health, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with company match, and an on-site health clinic.
Qualified candidates should apply online. This position will be based from Greensboro NC but working remotely.
Market America is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Market America | SHOP.COM is changing the way people shop and changing the economic paradigm so anyone can become financially independent by creating their own economy and converting their spending into earning with the Shopping Annuity®.
ABOUT MARKET AMERICA, INC. & SHOP.COM
Currently in its 27th year, Market America, Inc. is a global product brokerage and Internet marketing company that specializes in one-to-one marketing and is the creator of The Shopping Annuity. Its mission is to provide a robust business system for entrepreneurs, while providing consumers a better way to shop. Headquartered in Greensboro, NC, the company was founded in 1992 by Chairman and CEO JR Ridinger and has generated over $8.5 billion in accumulated sales. Market America employs approximately 1,000 people globally with operations in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and Malaysia. Through the company’s primary shopping website, SHOP.COM, consumers have access to approximately 60 million products, including Market America exclusive brands and thousands of top retail brands. Market America’s revolutionary Shopping Annuity program, which helps shoppers convert their existing everyday spending into earning, is an extraordinary and financially meaningful benefit of the business. Internet Retailer has ranked SHOP.COM #65 in the 2018 Internet Retailer Top 1000, the #36 largest global online marketplace in the 2019 Internet Retailer Top 100 Online Marketplaces Database, #96 in the Internet Retailer Asia 500 and the 18th fastest growing Internet Mobile Retailer. The company is also a two-time winner of the Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics, was ranked 8th in the 2018 Grant Thornton North Carolina Top 100® (NC100) and received 2018’s Triad Business Journal’s “Fast 50” award as one of the top privately-held companies for sustained growth, driving the area’s economy. By combining Market America’s entrepreneurial business model with SHOP.COM’s powerful comparison shopping engine, Cashback program, Hot Deals, SHOPBuddy™, Express Pay check out, social shopping integration and countless other features, the company has become the ultimate online shopping destination.