We’re passionate about the English language; and we design software that helps writers and editors produce their very best work. Our product, PerfectIt, is the leading proofreading software for independent editors, proposal managers, medical writers, and publications teams.
As our Employee Number 12, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute across as much of the business as interests you. Your primary responsibility will be enhancing the checking of our flagship product. You’ll be working directly with the founder & CEO, as well as our Chief Engineer, to take PerfectIt’s capabilities to a whole new level. Our audience are (mostly) not technologists, so you’ll make the complicated seem easy.
We’re a small, profitable company that works 100% remote. Our CEO is in New York, our developers are in the United Kingdom, and you can be anywhere in the UK.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the next version of PerfectIt (C#)
- Refactor our core product to deliver performance improvements
- Develop efficient text-search algorithms
- Improve our app for online Office
- Work with our internal word usage databases
- Put in place unit tests and quality control mechanisms to improve our codebase.
Skills & Requirements
Candidates must have experience in commercial programming roles. In addition, candidates should have extensive knowledge of the following:
- Languages: Microsoft C#
- Development Environments: Visual Studio
- Working with source control (Git)
- Unit testing (we are obsessed with unit testing)
- A love of language (the human kind) or a degree in English/History/Geography or similar.
Candidates will have an advantage if they have experience of, or ability to learn, the following:
- Regular expressions
- Knowledge of functional programming
- Natural language processing
- SQL Server
- ASP.NET MVC