As a Software Engineer at Switcher, you will be responsible for providing new development, maintenance, and updates to the Switcher online dashboard, cloud services, third-party integrations, and other projects. This position is responsible for working on a variety of technical problems of varying scope & complexity.
You should be able to design, implement, and test new functionality under general supervision. Must be able to collaborate with others across the organization under the direction of technical leads on assigned projects. This position requires flexibility, creativity, effective communication skills, and a drive to build quality products through innovative solutions.
Some of the technologies in use include TypeScript, React, React Native, C#, MSSQL, Git, Redis, Webpack, and Windows Azure.
You will report to the Head of Engineering.
Location and Eligibility
Anyone in the Louisville, KY area or willing to relocate may be given preference for this position. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America.
You should have the following direct experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, related engineering degree, or equivalent proven industry experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Software Engineer or in a similar role.
- Developing web front-ends using a modern framework like Angular, React, Vue.
- API access and integration via REST/RPC/GraphQL/etc.
- Version control and collaboration workflows with git.
Ideally, you will have knowledge of some of these technologies and concepts:
- Testing frameworks (XUnit, Selenium, Jest, Mocha).
- Front-end build tooling (Webpack, Parcel, Gulp, Grunt).
- Relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Non-relational data stores and caches (Cosmos DB, Redis, DynamoDB).
- Cloud computing platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Windows Azure).
- Hybrid mobile development with React Native.
- Online payment processing using Stripe, Braintree, or similar.
- Familiarity with “serverless” computing concepts
- Familiarity with 12 factor application methodology
- 12 paid holidays: New Years Day, MLK Jr. Day, Oaks Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and your birthday
- Unlimited PTO
- Work-from-home policy
- Family leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance Benefits
- Health care plan (medical and dental)
- Casual work environment (Most of us wear company t-shirts all the time, and we’ll give you five when you start.)
- Hip office in Louisville’s Butchertown neighborhood (giant bean bags and delicious snacks included)