We are looking for a talented fully remote back-end engineer to help us build world-class products. You'll be playing a core role in our team and you’ll report directly to the Engineering Manager.
Why Work With Us:
Altruist is an LA-based fintech company on a mission to make financial advice fair for everyone. Here are some reasons why you should consider joining us:
- We’re a small team that is very strong technically. You’ll be working alongside Senior Developers with plenty of industry experience. You’ll be exposed to hard backend challenges within a strong team which fosters personal and professional growth.
- We’ll trust you and help you grow. You’ll be given plenty of responsibility as your role will be vital in order for the company to meet its targets. We also take career development seriously and provide education and courses as needed.
- We work from anywhere. You work from where you want. We care a lot about our culture, having fun while working hard.
This is a long-term (years, our hope is forever) full-time contract role. We care about job security for our team and we’re looking for people who can grow with our products for years to come.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop new web services with Java and Spring Boot.
- Focus on building systems that can scale effectively and deliver reliable performance.
- Communicate with the Engineering Manager and with backend developers to establish priorities and plan the application roadmap.
- Coach and mentor junior developers and take responsibility for meeting deadlines for your team’s deliverables
What You Should Know:
- Java (at least 7+ years of experience)
- Spring Boot
- Relational and Non-Relational Databases (Postgres / MySQL / Cassandra / HBase)
- Swagger for API documentation
- SonarQube for code quality
- Unit tests (JUnit, etc.)
- Background workers
- Cloud Providers (particularly AWS)
- Service workers architecture
- Advanced SQL (query optimization, locking, etc.)