An exceptional opportunity for a competitive leader familiar with Linux storage, technology and operations.
If you have a passion for tech and business, deep familiarity with the open source stack from Linux to Github, and awareness of open source community leadership and best practices, then you will love the product leadership team at Canonical.
Software-defined storage has become essential for large-scale data operations. Linux filesystems, Ceph, object storage and big data document storage are significant drivers of on-premise infrastructure. We have created a dedicated role to lead product strategy and commercialization for storage on Ubuntu - from the server storage experience, to performance benchmarking and optimisation, to large-scale operations tooling, this leader will define the experience of enterprise and developer users of Ubuntu from a storage perspective.
This role requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership.
You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products. You will create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams.
You will be accountable for product go-to-market execution, marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts. You will be expected to deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- A rigorous technical or science background and supporting qualifications
- Extensive experience with open source storage technologies and operations
- Software engineering management experience
- Business and commercial interests
- A proven history of leadership and presentation skills
- A strong work ethic, and personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and tactical opportunities
- Strong aptitude for data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape