ShapeShift is the leading non-custodial digital asset platform, serving hundreds of thousands of customers across the world. Since 2014, ShapeShift has pioneered a new era of digital finance, earning a place as one of the most beloved and respected brands in a booming and volatile new industry. The company recently launched its new platform at ShapeShift.com and is now leveraging its resources toward aggressive growth.
Led by industry veteran Erik Voorhees, the company is seeking out the best new team members to further scale the organization and maintain leadership while the phenomenon of decentralized digital finance expands around the globe. As part of this growing team, ShapeShift is looking to hire the role of a Senior Software Engineer.
This is a full-time, exempt position, and reports to the Engineering Manager.
Your desire to make a real impact on an organization and the world grows by the day. The ideal candidate will be open to daily changes in workflow and protocol (and force us to improve workflows). As a start-up in an evolving space, there are new challenges that require new solutions every day.
GOALS OF POSITIONS
- Work with a small team within the larger organization to build new features
- Be able to lead the break down of work into discrete, independently release-able stories
- Write clean, maintainable code with unit tests
- Generate creative coding solutions that follow enterprise-wide coding and architecture standards. Lead the development of standards.
- Proactively adds documentation to help others
- Track work in engineering-wide workflow (inside of Jira)
- Produce responsive cross-platform features
- Understands networking basics and how different software systems communicate
- Can troubleshoot issues across systems independently
- Can be counted on for on-call tier-2 issue resolution
- Mentor more junior developers
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of full-stack engineering experience
- Solid intuition for REST API design
- Understanding of databases
- Proficiency building web backends in Python and/or Node.js
- Great design intuition, user empathy, and attention to detail
- Experience with source control, preferably Git
- Understand microservices architecture
- Proven track record diagnosing and solving scalability challenges
- Working knowledge of Docker containerization
- Understanding of Internet concepts, protocols, and technologies
- Passion for innovation. You should be a person who thrives on creating innovative and scalable technology applications.
- Desire to continuously learn, problem-solve and acquire new skills with cutting-edge technology
- Desire for success as an individual, as a team, and as a company
- Adept in communicating and discussing requirements and timelines with business stakeholders
- Most importantly, a strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and character
- Experience with cryptocurrency and blockchain (address generation, transaction construction, use cases, software daemons, wallet infrastructure and anything related to this evolving field)
- Any experience or understanding using Ethereum or other Smart Contract based systems (familiarity with Solidity is a big plus)
- Experience with GraphQL and related client libraries (Apollo + Relay)
- Familiarity with financial markets and terminology, exchange platforms, and matching engines
- Adept using Agile process-driven development