Are you a developer who enjoys enabling other developers to build great applications and user experiences? At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country's largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you've ordered directly from a restaurant brand's app or website, we've made that happen. Many of these restaurant chains create a wide variety of custom applications and websites that integrate with Olo’s APIs. Likewise, the emergence of third party restaurant marketplaces and delivery services has opened new sales channels for restaurant chains, and Olo enables those channels via integrations to our APIs. We also work with a broad array of food delivery providers, POS vendors, and loyalty platform providers who integrate their solutions into the Olo Platform to enable a complete digital ordering experience. Working on Olo’s Developer Experience team will give you the opportunity to assist developers from the most innovative and notable tech companies in the food space. We are looking for a talented engineer and support specialist to join our team in the role of a Developer Support Engineer to help us achieve our vision. You will play a significant and visible role in helping our partners incorporate online ordering into their own applications and solutions. Your primary role will be to provide developer-level support for developers who are integrating with our APIs. You will also be responsible for improving our Developer Portal (where integration partners manage their API projects), API documentation, and associated tools needed to provide an exceptional integration experience. Your success will enable the expansion of the Olo digital ordering universe. Any engineer may work at Olo's headquarters in New York City's Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team (and Olo) is remote!
What You'll Be Doing
- Support - You will answer technical questions from a wide variety of integration partners related to the functional behavior of our APIs, and you will investigate and resolve problems they report with their integration
- Documentation - You will create and update documentation of our APIs to improve the integration experience
- Product - You will build new features and enhancements to the Developer Portal
- Processes - You will bring ideas to improve, remove, or create new processes that will improve the experience of our customers, integrators, and the team
What We'll Expect From You
- Curiosity and a drive to figure things out
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Enjoys the variability of a developer support role and the need to sometimes jump in and help untangle ambiguous problems
- Comfortable in multiple programming languages and frameworks
- Experience developing or integrating to a RESTful API
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or comparable industry experience
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
Nice to Have
- Experience in a technical support or developer support role
- Experience with technical writing in a software environment
- Experience working in Zendesk
What's Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com. Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map:https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!