Background Information Of Company:
JobWatch powered by BigChange plans, manages, schedules & tracks your mobile workforce! BigChange is an established force in mobile resource management, offering a host of solutions that have proven to transform the way companies manage their mobile workforces and mobile operations. By challenging convention and pushing for constant innovation, BigChange is pioneering new, intuitive and simple to use technology that delivers industry leading levels of return on investment.
BigChange is here for businesses of all sizes, from small and medium-sized enterprises through to large blue-chip organisations. No matter your size or sector. BigChange is here to make a big difference to the way you work for the better.
- Design and develop data models, MS SQL Server database objects, tables, stored procedures, views, triggers and SSIS packages as part of the solution.
- Work collaboratively with teams to construct and manage optimized data structures.
- Optimize existing and new server objects utilizing proven tuning methodologies.
- Interact with all levels of business users verifying or helping to verify data integrity.
- Strong understanding of Data Warehousing methodologies.
- Approval of queries and transactions proposed by developers.
- Monitor and report on key database KPIs, review and identify and deliver improvements.
- Coordinate, develop and participate in the support of database systems 24/7
- Develops understanding and experience and maintains and operates alternative database technologies / data platforms (NoSQL, Mongo, Redis, Athena, etc) which are used to complement MS SQL Server for some datasets
- Administer system access rights on assigned systems according to approved procedures only, maintaining accurate records and using multi-factor authentication and due safeguards of credentials.
- Considered security at each stage of product and software specification, development and testing and in compliance with the Secure Development Policy.
- Complies with company policies & processes, particularly for quality, data protection, information security & secure systems engineering.
- Manage BigChange’s personal data and confidential information responsibly, and maintain its quality, confidentiality, integrity and availability at all times. Report personal data and security near-misses and incidents promptly, and cooperate in their resolution.
- Be aware of and comply with the BigChange Health and Safety Policy and related legislation; report Health and Safety near-misses and accidents promptly and collaborate to document and resolve.
- Ensure data processing equipment assigned to you by BigChange, and any personal equipment used to process BigChange data or access BigChange systems, is kept secure and used in accordance with the Acceptable Usage Policy.
- Qualified to Degree Level (Essential)
- 5 years + experience in a similar role (Essential)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SQL server,
- Knowledge of SQL, TSQL
- Can write SSIS packages
- Experience with working with AWS
- Proficient in Microsoft office packages (Essential)
- Experience of Azure Devops
Your Skills and Interests:
- Excellent Communication both written and verbal
- Technical writing
- Good experience with AWS or similar cloud platforms
- Exceptional people skills and objection handling.
- Team player
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Organised with a proactive approach to work
- Adaptable and flexible
- Demonstrates an appetite to learn alternative database technologies / data platforms (NoSQL, Mongo, Redis, Athena, etc)
- Expenses paid for all overnight stays, subsistence and mileage whilst on business.
- 33 days holiday, plus bank holidays, plus ‘BigChange Birthday’.
- Pension plan (NEST)
- Gym membership assistance £20 gross pay monthly (for 12 months).
- Cash Health Plan
- Flexi Friday
- “Motivational Mondays” – inspiring talks monthly from extraordinary people.
- Being part of a supportive team with the ability to learn new skills and grow within the company.
- Experience cutting edge technology and be part of a company that is shaping the future.
All rewards are agreed between each employee and the company based on their role/offer letter and may differ from the standard
Location of work: home
Reporting to: Senior DBA / CIO