We are looking for an engineer with a “find a way or make a way” attitude that is excited to join a small but growing team that has more projects than developers. This opportunity is for someone excited for autonomy, ownership, and breadth of responsibility. Quality of work and ownership are key qualities for this role.
PLEASE NOTE WE CAN ONLY HIRE NORTH AMERICAN BASED PEOPLE AT THIS TIME.
Our environment is typical of a start-up:
- We work in small teams, fast-paced, we all get a lot done by everyone wearing many hats.
- We are serious about optimizing our time and staying focused on the most important goals and outcomes.
- We are a remote team and are completely on board with 100% remote work, meaning we focus on overcommunication to ensure we can stay in sync despite our physical distance.
- We coordinate using Jira, hold a daily standup, and mostly communicate via ad hoc video calls and Slack.
- We’re building lots of new things, but also maintaining a significant business. We are mindful of the balance and need to monitor and pay down tech debt and also innovate with exciting greenfield projects.
- We require a daily overlap with the team but are spread across North America
We’re a hybrid stack
- Our “NextGen” technology is written in .NET Core, NodeJS and React. Our “Core” platform, which is being replaced by NextGen, is AngularJS (aka Angular 1) and ASP.NET.
- We’re looking for senior talent to contribute to our Core platform as well as NextGen.
Some of the technology/experience we are looking for
- Testing (Unit/integration/End to End)
- A keen eye for implementing and occasionally improving design
Build something challenging.
This isn't just another CRUD application. Your challenge will be to deliver a highly-available service with complex business logic being used by hundreds of businesses 24/7 to keep their operations running. Our entity model is vast and a major part of our domain is synchronizing data with third party traceability systems. Explore the limits of your resourcefulness by designing human and automated systems that deliver consistent performance, reliability and scale whilst working with less-than-ideal third-party requirements and systems.
- We are a fully remote company and this position will be remote.
- We are looking for someone who is ready to join us full-time after a brief trial period (all our employees do this).
- We offer health benefits, 401k, unlimited time off, charity matching, and other cool perks.
- We are offering an annual salary in the range of $110,000 - $130,000 USD.