Software Engineering Manager at Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.®
Banno is redefining the relationship between forward-thinking financial institutions and their customers. Banno leverages modern technology and an industry leading product vision to make user-friendly mobile and web apps. We have a first-class API; the same API our web and mobile apps use is the same API that is open to the community to build on top of and extend.
You are curious and thrive in an environment where you are constantly learning and growing. You want to be somewhere that you are trusted and set up for success. You want to work in a collaborative environment of diverse perspectives with peers who inspire you to be better everyday.
As a manager, you care as much about the overall production of the team as you do their shared culture and well-being. You strive to set the team up for success by helping them overcome potential obstacles and communicate their needs to the appropriate channels. You’ll work with the team to identify their strengths and weaknesses, and enable processes to support their unique working style without compromising their efficiency (a little rudder far from the rocks).
Banno values trust and those with a bias towards action, and as a manager you’ll work to instill these beliefs within your team. We have a remote-first culture that challenges you each day and supports your growth. We are confident you will love it here.
What you and your team are working on
The Engineering Manager is responsible for balancing the team’s work between cross-functional strategic projects. You will support and develop the engineers on your team by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities, as well as propose and drive processes to facilitate and promote communication, transparency, and trust. Together with the team, you will support delivery by providing estimations, context, and clarity to ensure the team delivers the agreed work with quality and excellence.
Your team is responsible for providing services that support our mobile and online banking applications. Our APIs are first-class in nature and are consumed by both our internal teams as well as teams outside of Banno. The engineers on your team are constantly keeping our apps up-to-date with the newest development and deployment practices to offer exciting user experiences for highly secured data.
About the Banno team
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness—the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have a big impact. Our work environment echoes a modern tech startup but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. We place high value on continuing education and contribution to, and use of, open source projects.
Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want within the US. You’ll get the chance to choose your own tools, work with modern web technologies across the stack, and contribute to products that are used by millions of people.
- 8 years of programming experience, with the majority being in a server-side language.
- 2 years supporting services in a production environment.
- 2 years experience leading and managing software engineers.
- Experience working on or with a geographically-distributed team.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working on a team with a CI/CD process
- Familiarity using collaboration tools like Jira to communicate and plan team’s work
- Experience working with multiple teams and stakeholders to establish roadmap prioritization
- Successfully lead definition, development, and delivery of a large cross-team project with broad scope and high-value business implications
- Ability to identify and utilize each individual team members strengths, benefiting the greater organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Familiarity with functional programming concepts
- Familiarity with stream processing concepts
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs