PLEASE NOTE: Due to grant fund restrictions, candidates must reside in the United States. This position is for employment only. Contract work is unfortunately not covered by the current grant funds available.
The Christian Chain is currently looking for a Full-Stack Web Developer to work with our in-house Technology Team. They will need to be able to understand our organization's needs and expectations of an application and have expertise in a variety of skills, including the ability to work with all layers involved in the web application life cycle. This includes knowledge of various software languages and the composition of the various layers in web systems. The Developer must be able to visualize the entire project and successfully guide the team through the actual building, analyzing and testing as the project moves through the development process. The ideal candidate for this position is a hands-on professional with strong knowledge of content management platforms, and an ability to translate our business needs into client-friendly functions that will expand our website’s influence in our industry. The Web Developer will be responsible for updating our current online applications, as well as developing and implementing a usability testing process to ensure that new website applications meet our company’s requirements.
- Managing the complete software development process from conception to deployment
- Maintaining and upgrading the software following deployment
- Managing the end-to-end life cycle for the production of software and applications
- Overseeing and guiding the analyzing, writing, building, and deployment of software
- Overseeing the automated testing and providing feedback to management during the development process
- Modifying and testing changes to previously developed programs
- Create applications that address the phases of SDLC (software development life cycle)
- Develop comprehensive application testing procedures
- Update existing applications to meet the security and functionality standards as outlined in the company’s website policies
- Implement testing tools that monitor the ongoing performance of the company website
- Assist in updating application development policies to ensure that all future applications meet the latest technical requirements
- Strong teamwork skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Development languages: Expertise in server-side programming languages including Java, and Ruby on Rails is required. Experience with .Net and Python is a plus.
- Database and cache: Familiarity with DBMS technology, including SQLServer, Postgres and/or MySQL and caching mechanisms such as Redis.
- Microsoft Azure: Experience with deploying to Microsoft Azure services and integrating with many of the other services available on their platform.
- Basic design ability: Including knowledge of UI/UX and basic prototype design.
- Server: Experience working with Nginx or Apache servers with a solid background in Linux may be helpful.
- Webhooks: Expertise in integrating and developing APIs and JSON calls is needed.
- Universal Login: Experience with OAuth, Doorkeeper and Devise is needed
- SDLC implementation experience
- Proven knowledge of the most current security and web development programming languages
- Ability to visualize a proposed system and be able to build it
- 5+ years’ full-time experience in application development and testing OR Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (Master’s preferred) with 2+ years' full-time experience in application development and testing
- Ability to create support documentation for all new applications
- Computer skills: As this is a remote position, strong computer skills are requested. We will be working with the program, Microsoft Teams to coordinate within the organization and have internal calls and video huddles/meetings. Proficiency in Outlook and Word is expected, experience with Excel and PowerPoint is encouraged.
In order to be considered all candidates must attach coding samples to their application and links to any completed projects along with descriptions on their part in the development process of that project.