We envision a digital world that’s private and secure. Our industry-leading cybersecurity products empower millions of individuals to take control of their privacy and security online.
Our SaaS business is very successful. We’ve been at this for over a decade, and we’re still growing fast in a rapidly expanding industry. We have the resources to tackle large challenges for the long term and are always innovating to stay ahead of the curve.
Now we need you.
We’re a skilled team with 800 people all over the world. Our processes are efficient, we make decisions based on data, our culture is meritocratic, and we offer ample opportunity for career growth. We’re bright, diverse, and experienced, and we love challenges. We’re looking for talent across all functions to join us as we strive to become the very best in our industry.
Sounds like the place for you? Come be part of our mission.
Take the lead of our Applications development team
Our company is at an exciting inflection point. We’re planning to massively expand our business by providing new product offerings from within a single application. We need you to facilitate this by leading our apps teams in developing Super Apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, routers and browser extensions.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that our applications meet world class usability, performance, quality, and security bars and that we can ship our apps to customers every week.
About the Core Apps Team
We provide the scaffolding and release vehicles into which multiple product units contribute to create our super apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Routers, and Browser Extensions.
- Build the foundations of each app into which other product units then contribute functionality
- Define code architecture, including guardrails to enable multiple teams to contribute safely.
- Configure and manage our build systems.
- Operate our test pipelines.
- Pick test frameworks and guide other teams on using them well.
- Have a veto right over contributions by other teams.
- Build test-cases that span multiple product units, such as battery, performance, stability.
- Coordinate releases to customers, typically once every two weeks.
- Oversee open source licensing.
- Coordinate technical documentation.
- Provide apps developer time and expertise as a service for other teams.
- Are accountable for:
- Quality: especially performance, stability, battery-life
- Velocity: ultimately measured by how quickly we can deliver value to customers
- Meeting SLAs for the build and CI systems
- Satisfaction of other engineers with their ability to contribute to each app
As leader of the team described above, you will:
- Ensure that your department has clear, measurable and achievable OKRs aligned with business goals
- Ensure your teams deliver at a high velocity
- Ensure your teams’ work is well scoped and prioritised
- Set standards for engineering excellence for your teams; measure and hold the teams accountable
- Ensure all apps have excellent automated code coverage
- Ensure all apps provably meet a high-security bar
- Ensure your teams have clear and efficient processes for their SDL which enables them to ship applications to customers every week
- Ensure you have mitigated operational and security risks and have a clear disaster recovery plan in place
- Spot opportunities for efficiency wins by promoting sharing of code, tools, services and knowledge across teams
- Ensure your teams’ applications are future proof and that they adopt new technologies at the right pace and manage technical debt effectively
- Hire for your team and ensure it has the skills and capacity to meet the business’s needs. Upon joining, you will take on line management responsibility for several people-managers and also some individual contributors for whom we haven’t yet hired or promoted a manager. Successful hiring will be one of your most important deliverables.
- Train your team and hold them accountable in meeting the highest standards
- At least 3 years experience as a people manager, you’ve managed your direct reports’ performance
- Experience developing and shipping multiple apps on at least two platforms using native frameworks and languages (Swift, Kotlin, C# WPF)
- Passion for writing well-architected, readable code and maintainable code
- Expert in writing automated tests and test plans
- Good understanding of how to develop code without security vulnerabilities
- Experienced at setting goals, tracking progress towards goals and managing large projects
- Experienced with project management software like Jira and processes like Scrum or Kanban
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Proven track record as a hiring manager
- Strong sense of ownership, great problem solver, hunger for learning, positive disposition and an inspiring leader
- Experience managing other people managers
- Experience developing on both mobile and desktop platforms
- Solid understanding of IP networking, including both low-level sockets programming and high-level application layer programming
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with breakfast foods, fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities