Paubox provides secure communication for modern healthcare. Right out of the box.
We are a fast growing B2B startup based in San Francisco with over 2,500 customers. Our core solutions are HIPAA compliant, HITRUST CSF certified, and rated best in class by G2 crowd. We are on a mission to become the market leader in secure email.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Site Reliability Engineer with strong Linux sysadmin skills. This position will primarily focus on scaling, automation, monitoring using Amazon Web Services (AWS) as we build and scale our online presence.
This position is full-time and 100% remote. US citizenship or Green Card required.
- Infrastructure provisioning: Scaling, monitoring, reliability, automation, security, CI/CD pipelines
- Working side by side with our developers to understand the inner-workings of the apps and promote scalability and reliability of the system
- Maintaining high availability through fault tolerance, system standardization, and vigilant disaster recovery planning
- Creating and maintaining systems documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to document and communicate technical solutions articulately at all levels
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems internals with a good understanding of networking and protocols
- Excellent with unix commands (sed, grep, awk, and regular expressions)
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Nginx, Postfix, iptables
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps Engineering, preferably using AWS
- No commitment to being on-call is required though is highly appreciated in emergencies, and you're encouraged to self-direct a portion of your scheduled time preventing them
- Ability to read and write complex Bash and Ruby scripts to automate system deployment, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Fluent communication skills in English
- Experience building architectures that can scale
- Monitoring and log analysis
- Ruby on rails experience
- An understanding of spam filtering (DKIM, SPF, DMARC, ARC, clamav, spamassassin)
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres) with the ability to write SQL commands and identify and resolve performance issues.
Our Current Stack:
- Ruby on Rails
Why work at Paubox:
- We have a strong identity and culture that is Hardworking, Honest, Focused, and Fun.
- Health care benefits, including dental and vision.
- 401(k) savings plan.
- Combined 28 days of paid time-off, in addition to holidays.
- Stock options as an early employee.
- Apple work laptop provided.
- $500/quarter stipend for professional development.
- Opportunity to grow within the company as Paubox continues to grow