Certica Solutions is an innovative, fast-growing provider of analytics and assessment solutions for the K-12 education sector. We are passionate about creating high impact solutions to improve student achievement and revolutionizing the way school districts manage, access and use data to improve student outcomes.
Certica is seeking an experienced and energetic Software Engineer to help build great products and continue our accelerated growth. As a member of the software products team, this role collaborates with members of the Product, Architecture, Security and DevOps teams to design, build, test, and deploy world-class SaaS products that contribute directly to student outcomes in the public education sector. This role will work with technology architects to transform product requirements into scalable, maintainable implementation using industry best-practices.
This individual should be a driven self-starter, with a pragmatic approach to solving business problems using technology. They should be comfortable working in a small, distributed team, and be an efficient and effective communicator. This role requires strong attention to detail, and the ability to empathize with end-users to develop an appropriate technical solution. The ideal candidate should be familiar with modern testing methodologies and possess very strong testing and debugging skills.
This is a very exciting full-time position with generous benefits, flexible work arrangements and a great time to join a market leading company that is growing rapidly while expanding its operations. This position will be located at any of our Austin, TX, Cincinnati, OH, Durham, NC or Wakefield, MA locations with a remote option as well.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Design and develop product enhancements and new product functionality;
- Maintain current SaaS applications;
- Work closely with a team to integrate designs, components, and ideas together;
- Apply software development best practices for development (e.g. SOLID, Design Patterns, TDD, BDD); and configuration management tasks;
- Work in an agile software development environment with distributed teams using Scrum;
- Ability to constructively discuss and accept challenges from other viewpoints, and negotiate the best solution to deliver the best value to the customer and time to market;
- Participate in all aspects of the product including design, development, deployment, and maintenance; and
- Successfully partner with other teams, such as client services, product management, and quality assurance.
Skills and Professional Experience:
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related software engineering experience;
- 3+ years extensive full stack application design and development experience;
- 3+ years with the following technologies: C# and .NET, Entity Framework, build and deployment tools (with a preference for Team City and Octopus), and Git;
- 3+ years database development skills utilizing SQL Server;
- Willingness to learn multiple technologies (languages, databases, frameworks, etc.) as needed;
- Strong architectural acumen with ability to visualize future state, describe how to achieve it and then implement;
- Experience working with SaaS is desirable;
- Experience in developing and operating software products in a cloud-based environment is desirable;
- Experience in Java (Spring, Spring Security, Struts 2) is desirable;
- Experience with Azure is desirable and is considered a plus;
- Experience with Ed-Fi ODS is considered a plus; and
- Strong communication, analytical, entrepreneur skills with pride in personal contributions and passion to learn and grow their professional skills/experience.
Certica is dedicated to advancing academic progress and equity in education through measurable improvements in student achievement. Certica’s analytic, assessment and data management solutions provide a foundation for standards-based learning and assessment, as well as teacher data literacy. Certica serves more than 1,500 K-12 school districts and numerous charter school organizations, and education service agencies. Certica is based in Massachusetts with offices in North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina and Texas. Follow Certica on Twitter @Certica_K12.