At Underline, we are driven by a singular mission: to ensure the vibrancy of our nation through building intelligent community infrastructure. We work with communities across the United States to design, finance, and construct open-access fiber-optic networks. We believe these networks are the essential foundation for ultra-fast access to information, a competitive market for content and services, job formation and reskilling for workers, distributed healthcare services, new wireless solutions, and resilient modern infrastructure including responsible energy creation.
We’re looking for a full-time senior frontend engineer to join our East Bay-based Engineering team, Austin, TX, or U.S. remote.
Our Engineering team responds to the needs of the business, delivering well-designed and strategically aligned technology solutions in network architecture and design, customer acquisition, network service provider connectivity, and operations and support systems.
Spend your time with us as we help support the vitality and resilience of communities.
- Collaborate with product and design to iterate on the design of user-facing features
- Develop application features by leveraging open-source frameworks as well as building new technologies in house
- Build and maintain reusable components across projects
- Work closely with Backend Engineers to conceptualize new features in backend services
- Maintain high standards of software development and quality through unit testing, integration testing, continuous integration, and automated deployment
- You are hungry, humble, and curious
- You have excellent attention to details, enjoy building amazing user interfaces and have excellent problem-solving skills
- You are an intrinsic self-starter and enjoy taking on new challenges
- You want to be part of the early stages of a company where everything you build matters
- You want a highly collaborative environment, comprised of diverse subject matter experts in broadband networking, data center infrastructure, software development, and design
- You care about building critical intelligent infrastructure to increase community vitality and improve resilience
- We offer bold solutions to drive positive, sustainable change
- We approach our work with humility, integrity, and intellectual rigor
- We are agile and relentless in pursuit of our mission
- We have a mentality of service: to our mission, and to each other
- We are dedicated to building and sustaining a culture of flourishing
- We optimize our efforts to create positive-sum for community and capital
- 4+ Years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience with modern web frameworks like Ember, React, Vue, etc. (We use Ember Octane!)
- Strong experience with test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Experience working with Git and CI/CD toolchains
- Passion for delivering good UI/UX
- Familiarity with GraphQL APIs
- Familiarity with TailwindCSS
- Passion for open source
- Travel to 4 quarterly off-site company retreats is required