About the Role
CrowdStrike Falcon is a two-component security product. One component is a “sensor”, which is a lightweight agent installed on client machines that observes system activity and recognizes malicious behavior, then provides on-box prevention capability and remote telemetry to the Falcon cloud. The cloud component aggregates sensor telemetry for each customer’s network, can correlate malicious behavior across multiple machines, and presents our customers’ operations teams with a prioritized summary of the threats detected in their environments.
This is a Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE) role in the engineering team that delivers the sensor (lightweight agent) on Linux. This role will be part of the team designing and implementing new features to surface containers as logical end-points in the end-to-end Falcon product. These features will deliver the power of the Falcon end-point protection platform for Docker and other container implementations built on top of LXC.
SDE’s in the team own design and development of core features of the product. Features will cross-cut most core OS subsystems such as file system, memory, process, and networking. Many features are also built in a way that they have shared components across Windows and Mac. The team operates under the Agile development principles and ships frequently.
- Design and develop Linux software for deployment on server
- Own features from design to delivery
- Collaborate with multi-functional team in various physical locations
- Troubleshoot issues with the product as reported from customers responsively
- Other projects as assigned
- Experience working on product features on Linux or Unix in C/C++ with the following characteristics:
- high concurrency requirements needing strong use of multi-threading
- high reliability requirements
- detailed requirements on low-level operating characteristics (memory usage, efficient performance, correct conformance to external standards)
- Experience designing or developing container runtime engines that use OCI container images
- OR Experience designing or developing software that monitors containers
- OR Experience designing or developing optimized virtual environments to run containers
- Experience working on a team to ship major features and releases
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team