About the Role
CrowdStrike leverages a scanning engine software development kit (SDK) and its components for both internal and external customers in the form of multiple low-level C libraries and some Python wrapper packages for the C libraries. Some of these libraries are used in the Falcon sensor, which is a lightweight module that observers system activity, recognizes malicious behavior, provides on-box prevention capability, and sends relevant security related data and telemetry to the Falcon cloud. You’ll work directly with the C libraries (and Python packages) and build test suites for them, including end-to-end validation, smoke tests, regression tests, integration tests, system tests and performance tests.
This is a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) position in the Machine Learning Software Engineering Team. As an SDET, you will be focused on orchestrating, maintaining and driving the test automation process across many low level C libraries and some Python wrapper packages. As an SDET, you will be a key contributor in the team’s focus on quality and performance of the SDK.
SDETs use their strong software development skills to build effective tools, harnesses, and specialized tests to ensure that quality and performance. SDETs also participate actively in design and code reviews, and collaborate with the team to ensure end-to-end system functionality.
This position has the potential to transition to a software engineering role using Rust. The first year of employment approximately will have primarily test responsibilities, but you will have the option then to remain in the SDET role or begin transitioning to a Rust software engineering role.
We are a remote first company and all the interviews will be online.
This position is open in Bucharest, Iasi, Brasov, Cluj, Sibiu, Timisoara, Romania and it’s a remote role.
- Analyze complex software features, and build effective test strategies and test design
- Design, develop, verify, deploy and maintain automated test suites and frameworks; the goal is to minimize manual testing and for the team to write automated tests for the product
- Identify and write specialized tests necessary that are not feature-specific but are still important to ensure the quality of the system as a whole – performance, scalability, limits, etc.
- Help ensure that our products are polished and deliver a good customer experience before and after they get into customers’ hands
- Debug bugs found through test or customer cases to identify root cause and use the input to improve tests
- Work collaboratively with product and release management to control risk, improve quality, and streamline our release cycles
- Rigorous product and test code reviews with an eye towards improving the security and robustness of the system as a whole