About the Role:
CrowdStrike Falcon Host is a two-component security product. One component is a “sensor”which is a lightweight agent installed on client machines that observes system activity and recognizes malicious behavior, then provides on-box prevention capability and remote telemetry to the Falcon Host cloud.
The cloud component aggregates sensor telemetry for each customer’s network, can correlate malicious behavior across multiple machines, and presents our customers’ operations teams with a prioritized summary of the threats detected in their environments.
This is a Software Development Engineer (SDE) role in the engineering team that delivers the sensor (lightweight agent) on Windows/Linux/Mac OS X. SDE’s in the team own design and development of core features on the platform. Features will cross-cut most core OS subsystems such as file system, memory, process, and networking. Many features are also built in a way that they will have shared components across Windows, Mac and Linux. The team operates under the Agile development principles and ships frequently.
This position is open to candidates both remotely and in office in India, Europe and Romania.
- Design and develop software for deployment on Windows, Linux & Mac OS X systems
- Own features from design to delivery
- Collaborate with multi-functional team in various physical locations
- Troubleshoot issues with the product as reported from customers responsively
- Other projects as assigned (Falcon Spotlight, Falcon Discover)
What You’ll Need:
- Can develop high-quality code in C/C++ and can demonstrate that capability, be it through job experience, schoolwork, or contributions to community projects
- Experience on developing product code with the following characteristics:
- high concurrency requirements needing strong use of multi-threading
- high reliability requirements
- detailed requirements on low-level operating characteristics (memory usage, efficient performance, correct conformance to external standards)
- Experience working on a team to ship major features and releases
- Able to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team