Housable is an early-stage, software startup founded to make housing attainable for everyone. We are based in San Francisco, seeking our first Lead Full-Stack Developer. This is a hands-on role that requires a strong individual contributor who also has the skills and experience to help us build-out our development team as the company grows.
Residential construction in the US is a massive $800B annual market, but has seen very little innovation over the last century. Housable is focused on building automation systems for the entire housing development process, starting with the design, permitting and contractor bidding process. Our ultimate goal is to bring the entire home design, permitting and construction process online.
Housable has built the go-to online platform for homeowners to design, permit and build Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) across California - think garage conversions, basement apartments, and backyard homes. This development role will help to build-out our platform for the ADU housing vertical, which we intend to apply to other housing verticals (multi-family, single-family, remodels) and to expand our market beyond California to a national scale.
In this role you will have high leverage and high responsibility to help us guide the ground-up redevelopment of the back-end and front-end of our platform which thousands of homeowners rely on for their projects.
- Ruby on Rails
- 3D JS Engines
You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match these requirements, or if the job description doesn’t fully match your aspirations.
- Have 7+ years of experience working in large teams (with a high degree of specialization) and small teams (with a broad skill-set and responsibilities). Even better if you have had to wear different hats to accomplish your goals.
- Enjoy being a generalist working on both the front-end, backend, and doing anything it takes to solve problems and deliver what users need.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts, to be able to build the best tools possible for them
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems, even if you have not worked with them before.
- Can put yourself in the shoes of your users and be a steward of crafting great experiences.
- You’re interested in having real leverage and delivering meaningful change to the market - deciding when practicality, and when precision, matters most.
- You demonstrate a drive to think, work, and prioritize in the order of wide brushstrokes to crafty details, and are able to decide when is time for each.
- You can’t wait to ship, including all it takes to deliver the new experience to the end user
- Base salary - market rate
- Equity compensation
- Heath benefits
- 100% remote team
- Team trivia nights!
- Learn the architecture & construction process
- Building software that builds homes