SUSE is an Open Source pioneer and market leader with a fast paced, exciting environment at the leading edge of Enterprise Linux, Data Center management and Cloud Solutions. Our Engineering & Innovation group is looking for a Test Automation Engineer with wide experience in software testing to join an international team of developers at the SUSE Manager product team. SUSE Manager is an open source solution for managing software defined infrastructures at scale, from bare-metal Linux systems to containers and Kubernetes clusters.
In this role, you will work in a totally distributed, fast-paced environment. You will pair with development, QA and release engineering teams to create a scalable and resilient development infrastructure, with focus on automation and observability. We expect you to:
- Be passionate about software development, creative and proactive.
- Be great to work with: know how to make work fun and support your teammates.
- Drive the future of our product, influencing design and implementation decisions.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team in the implementation of tools, best practices and software quality standards.
We look for system engineers who are creative and willing to take on big challenges and make an impact for their team, for our customers and for the company. The ideal candidate will have a software engineering background and the following skills:
- Deep knowledge and 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Expertise in build tools, automation and continuous integration.
- Solid understanding of the Linux operating system.
- Solid understanding of databases, ideally PostgreSQL.
- Practical experience with public cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure.
- Experience with general-purpose programming languages such as Go, Python or Java.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and DevOps practices.
- Experience with code reviews, critiques, and patches, in both directions.
- Verbal and written proficiency in English language.
- Participation in open source communities and experience with large scale applications are a plus.
- Opportunities to help sharpen your skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing open source world.
- Direct contact with representatives of free/open source software projects worldwide.
- Regular hackathons (Hackweeks) and workshops on the company, department, and team levels.
- We know how to party.
- We celebrate success.