SUSE has been delivering Linux solutions for mission critical use cases for over a decade and is also creating solutions for the Automotive sector. This position will help to deliver secure and well tailored OS platforms for Automotive companies. Your work will empower cars to do much more than they do today and to improve reliability and security of mobility solutions. At SUSE we strive for technical excellence and the power of many. We are the open Open Source company and live this spirit every day. If you are ready to embark on technically demanding projects to grow your know-how and to make a difference, this is your chance to work for a pioneer in Linux and a leading provider of Linux solutions.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure and enhance the test coverage of our Automotive platforms by performing unit and system testing.
- Build up and maintain an automation test infrastructure in close collaboration with our development teams.
- Collect and investigate test requirements from QA, development and product management teams.
- Participate in test planning and test management in a truly global distributed project team.
- Execute manual exploratory and ad-hoc testing if necessary.
Required skills and experience:
- 3+ years of experience with software development as software developer, software developer in testing or as QA automation engineer
- Thorough understanding of software quality assurance, software development life cycle, test automation infrastructure and various test methodologies, experience as a practitioner of incident and test management
- Experience with Kernel respectively real-time Kernel development or testing (especially LTP)
- Extended Linux knowledge in general; familiarity with Linux administration;
- Expertise in one of the scripting languages: Perl, Shell or Python
- Very good understanding and exposure to Agile methodologies, CI principles and fast-delivery environments
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience with Embedded Linux and Container technologies
- Experience with SUSE Linux Enterprise family and/or openSUSE