The SUSE Performance team is recruiting a senior kernel engineer. In this role, they will be responsible for fixing bugs, kernel maintenance, developing new features, performance regression analysis and improving performance in general. A specific focus on the CPU scheduler is desirable.
SUSE is strongly committed to open source, and we actively contribute to numerous FOSS projects and initiatives. We embrace and believe in the open source innovation model and the open source business model. As a member of our kernel team you will have the opportunity to contribute to the Linux kernel and related tools.
- Assist with maintenance of distribution kernels
- Work with the upstream community to improve the state of the art for the Linux kernel from both a functional and performance perspective
- Technical analysis of performance problems with a specific focus on the kernel
- Design and development of tests to measure non-functional requirements
- Ability to document and develop automated test scripts for performance testing, analysis and reporting
- Work with QA and Support teams at resolving bugs
- Activities connected with participation in professional organizations and specialized conferences
- Excellent knowledge of the C programming language.
- Very good knowledge of the git version control system.
- Experience in Linux kernel development.
- Good understanding of the open source development processes and culture.
- Very desirable to have experience with the CPU scheduler
- Desirable to have familiarity with the preempt-rt kernel fork
- Desirable to have knowledge of scripting languages used for test automation with Perl and Python being particularly advantageous
- Positive work environment where you and your opinions matter.
- Work as a member of various free/open source software communities.
- Opportunities to attend conferences and workshops.
- Regular hack weeks.
- A competitive package & employee benefit.