Beachy is a B2B tech startup that helps beach resorts and beachside vendors manage and grow their business by providing a modern mobile and web-based booking platform and point-of-sale. Beachy is used in hundreds of locations across Florida, Alabama, the East coast, and Turks and Caicos Islands. We have multiple products that serve different user personas (beach attendants, beach managers, etc) in beachside commerce. We are an early stage company tripling growth year over year with no desire to slow down.
We are seeking a highly talented, senior Ruby on Rails developer with strong infrastructure experience to join our ranks to help us build, maintain and scale an amazing product. As a member of the Beachy engineering team, you will make a huge impact on day one and play a critical part in solving some big technical challenges as we get ready to scale and help iterate our products forward. You’ll work alongside an agile team of 5 other web and mobile engineers, a QA, a designer, and a product manager.
Here’s what we’d like to see in your background and experience.
- 6+ years engineering experience building scalable user-facing web applications and APIs for mobile apps with the Ruby on Rails framework.
- 3+ years experience with deploying, scaling, and monitoring services in AWS - EC2, RDS, Cloudfront, Redshift, S3, etc.
- A consistent dedication to writing unit and integration tests around your code.
- Experience with PostgreSQL a big plus.
- Previous work experience at a tech startup.
- A commitment to iterative development and starting by building the simplest thing that can possibly work.
- Bonus points for experience in the travel and hospitality industry.
And here’s what you can expect to do in this role.
- Improve our B2B platform for beach resorts by iterating our internal API for our mobile and web apps and improving our core backend architecture.
- Push the team to continue to reach for 100% test coverage.
- Measure and improve the performance of the software you build as it’s needed.
- Rise to the challenge of integrating with several point of sale products in the travel and hospitality industry.
- Coach and mentor other engineers who are less skilled/experienced with backend development.
- Look forward to coming to work and enjoy collaborating with your manager and teammates.
You can check out our tech stack at https://stackshare.io/beachy/beachy. We have engineers in Nashville, Pennsylvania, New York, Canada, and Poland. We also have sales, operations, and product staff in Florida and Texas. We are definitely remote-friendly.
By providing our customers a product that significantly improves the guest experience, our mission is to give every beachgoer the vacation of a lifetime every time. Our founders have solid experience in technology, entrepreneurship, and beachside businesses. Our staff count is less than 20 people, and this role has major potential to make a big impact on the growth and success of the business. If you’re confident in your skills, but humble in your conversations, hungry to take on the backend development at a young startup, and smart when it comes to people and truly being a team player, then this is the perfect role for you.
Interested in applying? We hope so, so send your resume and anything else relevant (GitHub, your website, etc) and we'll get back to you very shortly.
This is a full-time role with benefits.