Senior Financial Operations Engineer (based in EMEA) at Platform.sh
As a Senior Financial Operations Engineer in Platform.sh you will work inside our Operations Infrastructure team and report directly to its VP. You will also work in partnership with other departments, most notably finance and engineering.
This role is accountable for developing a robust program for cloud cost management that includes but is not limited to managing reservations, tagging framework and governance model, budgets and change management, cost optimization lifecycle, and show back dashboarding.
You will work directly with our external service providers while collaborating with our engineering, product, and finance teams to provide deeper meaning to cost and usage data across our product.
You are the trusted communications bridge between teams leveraging infrastructure and all teams that require information about its usage, notably helping finance quantify the cost impacts of technical decisions and helping engineering implement cost best practices throughout their stack.
You will provide the tools to develop and measure cost-related insights, metrics, and KPIs to help all departments involved better understand how to build our products more efficiently.
The right candidate has deep expertise in managing the cost and utilization of large-scale digital infrastructure, from commercial cloud providers to on-prem physical data centers.
You will work remotely on a full-time basis as long as you are based anywhere within the EMEA timezone.
Your main mission encompasses but is not limited to:
- Build automated reporting tools to analyze cloud resources usage.
- Define resource tagging best practices and control their application.
- Create, document, and monitor reservation dashboards and processes for each IaaS provider supported.
- Define and monitor events, and usage patterns, translating infrastructure data into insightful information. Present recommendations to various stakeholders.
- Design cost alerts (with each cloud provider) to identify and monitor cost increases.
- Participate in planning and designing of new features and products, helping other teams understand infrastructure from a cost perspective.
- Identify and extract actionable tasks and processes that optimize the cost of Platform.sh architecture in regard to infrastructure.
- Plan, coordinate and implement cost reduction efforts with engineering, customers’ success, and other teams.
- Help the finance team in receiving fresh and correct billing and operational data, insights, and analysis.
- Provide cost projections to Finance in order to get approvals on large expense commitments and cash outflows.
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Thrive and work well with others in a fast-paced and demanding environment. You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fully understand the architecture of Platform.sh products and their relation to underlying IaaS providers.
- Be able to report in an organized and readable manner.
- Be very organized and fearless in keeping projects on time.
- Degree in computer science, or equivalent technical familiarity in large-scale infrastructure management.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in large scale cloud cost optimization.
- Ability to build enterprise-level infrastructure plans, both near-term operational and forward conceptual.
- Experience in the business application of advanced analytics and data modeling tools.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs