The Sr. Software Solutions Architect will focus primarily on leading solution design efforts for the delivery of technology solutions, according to the Christian Care Ministry(CCM) SDLC process. The process includes delivering requirement specifications through detailed design in support of delivery; and ensuring organizational alignment in terms of timelines, commitments, and status.
The Solutions Architect – with a background in the various technologies and stacks – will work on the solution design related to various elements of CCM’s platforms, and will address business/user impact, application integration, data integration and migration, security, networking, deployment, and user access. Conduct requirements-gathering from end users, stakeholders, and other SMEs.
- Translate requirements into end user / stakeholder readable Functional Design Specification (FDS) documents
- Translate approved FDS documents into viable Technical Design Specification (TDS) documents
- Act as technical design liaison with PMO, Client, Vendor Partners, and other technology teams
- Properly scope, design, and size project delivery efforts
- Make technical trade-offs to balance competing concerns (such as usability, scalability, data integrity, performance, etc.)
- Participate in Design and Sprint sessions following Scrum methodology
- Apply architectural and engineering concepts to design solutions that meet CCM’s standards for scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability, and manageability
- Design within the enterprise architecture framework, adhering to architecture principles, modeling and design standards, reference architectures, and design patterns
- Navigate across the IT organization (networking, security, interfaces, etc.) to identify non-functional requirements that would not be clear to the business
- Drive the sourcing of new solutions to help generate improvements to processes
- Introduce, develop, and maintain tools, practices, and processes to help the organization scale, design best-in-class architecture, and develop test and release automation
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or closely related field with 10-12 years’ experience in software design and implementation of complex IT projects required
- 8-10 years of progressively increasing leadership responsibility in a directly related area during which both professional and management capability have been clearly demonstrated required