SRE / DevOps (a.k.a. "Keeper of the Code") - Local or Remote at InspectionXpert Corporation (Raleigh, NC)
“Make it Work, Make it Better” is one of our core values at InspectionXpert, and as a member of the Development Team you will be required to demonstrate thorough attention to detail and pride in the code that you produce. As a growing start-up in the triangle, we are looking for an SRE / DevOps who is looking to be a part of an exceptional team that is customer-focused and constantly evolving. Of course, we also appreciate doing this in the comfort of t-shirts and jeans.
Our Core Values (a.k.a Who we are, Who you need to be):
Sense of Humor: Sometimes things suck...we choose to react with positivity.
Courageous Humility: Humility = Seeking Truth, Courage = Speaking Truth
All for One AND One for All: Everyone moves forward together and no one gets left behind.
Make it Work, Make it Better: Solve, Break, Improve, Repeat...
Customer Fanatic: We will make our customers look like rock stars!
Who you are:
Automation, APIs, orchestration, scaling, backups… These are the problems that fuel your curiosity. You want to make beautiful software that continuously delivers, deploys, and manages other beautiful software. This is where you want to be. We are looking for a budding leader who has mastered their craft and is looking for an opportunity to be a team lead.
You’ll help build a cutting edge software platform, whilst getting your hands on some of today’s most important tools and tech, including but not limited to AWS, Serverless architectures, Docker, Terraform, and a plethora of other tools and services. Due to the team’s size, your voice will immediately have a significant impact, and with a constantly growing customer base, there is no shortage of challenging and exciting scaling/optimization work.
Get in touch if you are excited to help us grow our infrastructure into a world-class service.
What you will do:
- Develop, maintain, and support a large SaaS system deployed using Terraform to AWS (Fargate, Lambdas, ALBs, S3, SNS, SQS, etc.).
- Manage and Participate in an on-call rotation where you will be responsible for debugging and addressing production issues.
What you have done:
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrable experience designing and maintaining large deployments in AWS using Terraform.
- Must have some development experience; basically, the Dev side of DevOps.
- Strong understanding of software design patterns.
- Experience developing, deploying, monitoring, and managing React frontends, Node backends, and GraphQL APIs.
- Strong understanding/experience with Unix/Linux system administration.
- We currently run our services in Ubuntu docker containers.
- Must be a good communicator.
- Our team holds retrospectives at the end of each 2-week sprint. You should feel comfortable communicating what worked well for you in the previous sprint and also what the team needs to improve upon. You should also be able to accept constructive criticism from teammates and make adjustments accordingly.
It would be cool if you have:
- Experience designing, managing, and deploying immutable infrastructure using Terraform.
- Experience managing CI/CD systems.
- Strong NodeJS Experience.
- The majority of our backend services are written in NodeJS. At a minimum, you should be excited to learn, but it would be great if you already have experience profiling and debugging NodeJS apps.
- Experience with Terraform to manage AWS resources.
- We currently use Terraform to manage all of the immutable infrastructure in our AWS environment. For example, VPCs, subnets, route tables, DNS records, Security Groups, etc.
- We are building systems that need to comply with ITAR, EAR, and many other sets of requirements. Previous experience working with similar compliance requirements is a huge plus.
- Strong natural analytical and creative abilities
- We are looking for teammates who can problem solve and suggest solutions as opposed to just implementing a plan they are given.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Willing to put in additional hours during the occasional crunch mode.
What you will get:
- The chance to work with an amazing team of smart people who will inspire you to reach your greatest potential.
- The opportunity to learn and grow your professional career through sponsored education, certification, and learning conferences.
- Take part in company activities with your co-workers including virtual GIF battles, Zoom pet intros, baseball games, knitting circles, music jam sessions, axe throwing, holiday pot-lucks, lunches, a winter ski trip (skiing, snowboarding, tubing, spa), etc.
- Participate in company-sponsored volunteer opportunities (Interfaith Food Shuttle, Ronald McDonald House, Habitat for Humanity, Food Bank of NC).
- A solid benefits package that includes 15 days PTO, 11 paid holidays, 3 paid personal volunteer days, company-paid Health, Dental and Vision plans (100% of premiums for employee, 50% of premiums for dependents), Life, AD&D, LTD plans, and 401k program with generous employer match.
We choose to solve hard problems and make a positive impact for our employees, our customers, and our community. In order to do so, we must bring together a wide range of beliefs, perspectives, and experiences within our team. To allow our people to fully realize the power of their ideas, they must feel the emotional safety that comes with belonging.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs