This is a 100% remote position. This position reports to the Online Senior Manager of Instruction.
Education, Skills, and Knowledge
- At least one year of hands-on software development experience creating and maintaining software as part of a team in production in one of the following environments: At a company that creates software products; or, At a non-software company that creates internal tools and systems to support the business
- Demonstrably excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable capacity to judiciously handle interpersonal relationships with empathy
- Confirm that students understand the technical content of one module of the curriculum at a time
- Provide supplementary explanations and real-world context to students about ideas and techniques found in the curriculum
- Provide the answers during Q&A sessions for the cohort’s class
- Conduct and deliver supplemental lecture to students from questions curated by Teaching Assistants
- Take direct responsibility for the training and mentoring of Teaching Assistants
- Use instructional techniques to help students build multi-context durable knowledge
- Suggest secondary resources to enhance student comprehension
- Provide qualitative feedback about students interactions with the curriculum content as part of the Curriculum Design Lifecycle
- Participate in internal professional development to hone your craft of instruction
- Upskill yourself to master all parts of the curriculum for which you are responsible
Nice To Haves
- Demonstrable competence of at least one of the following languages and associated frameworks: Ruby with Ruby on RailsNode with Express.js and SequelizePython with Flask and SQL AlchemyJava with Spring and JPAC# with ASP.NET MVCand EF
- Demonstrable knowledge of macOS, Windows, and Ubuntu Linux
- Demonstrable knowledge of devops tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, or Terraform
- Demonstrable knowledge of using microservice-based architecture
- Demonstrable knowledge of functional patterns and principles
- Take responsibility for student success:. Everyone works together to enable student success.
- Follow the numbers. Decisions should be backed by data.
- Embrace a growth mindset. View challenges and failures as opportunities to improve.
- Start with why. See the big picture and question the status quo. If there’s a better way of doing things we should investigate it.
- Create an inclusive environment. We work together to promote empathy and respect amongst all students and staff.
- Build with urgency. Build like careers depend on it.