Freelance/Contract - Outside of IR35
Salary: paid per completed project
Write deliberately vulnerable web applications for Immersive Labs and help us educate developers around the world on how to fix vulnerabilities in their code and create more secure applications.
At Immersive Labs, we’ve just launched our latest offering - Secure Coding. This exciting new addition to our market-leading platform teaches developers how to write secure code. We are creating labs that take our users from the basics of writing a secure application avoiding the standard OWASP pitfalls through to building secure public cloud-hosted web apps.
The first set of secure coding labs are live and loved by our users, we are now looking to expand our offering to drive this forward!
Your main responsibilities:
- Design and build a deliberately vulnerable web application in Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Develop a set of written resources to help users understand the vulnerabilities for each lab and how to mitigate them
- Plan, write, test and improve secure coding labs in the Immersive Labs platform
- Understand the learning process for software developers to challenge and teach them through Immersive Labs
To be successful:
- Software Development experience in Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- An understanding of the OWASP Top 10 Web application security risks
- Experience writing theory and online learning content about programming, secure coding, IT/Computing and/or Cyber would be an advantage
- Familiarity with Linux and Docker would be beneficial
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
What Immersive Labs offers:
- This role is on a contract basis outside of IR35 scope
- Fully remote
- Paid per project completed
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, measure and benchmark the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organizations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Cyber threats wait for no one, neither should you, Apply now!