About Field Service Holdings LLC
We are a remarkable company in remarkable times. Our business includes PestRoutes software and Lobster Marketing, together comprising Field Service Holdings. PestRoutes® is a SaaS platform providing end-to-end office management software for field service providers in markets such as pest, pool, and lawn. Lobster Marketing adds market-facing web sites, buy online capability, dashboarding, and digital marketing services. PestRoutes was founded in 2012, and Forbes just named us on their list of "2020 Best Start-up Employers" based on employee enthusiasm, fast-growth, and financial strength. In January 2020, we joined the portfolio of Gryphon Investors and have outstanding financial support.
Development @ PestRoutes
On the PestRoutes software development team, code is released daily to tens of thousands of field service staff around the country (our customers' service about 4% of homes in America)—the code you write in the morning could be deployed to thousands of users the same day. Our office software runs on a LAMP stack deployed across self-hosted cloud servers running the same codebase, and our app uses React Native with a continuous integration solution for a clean, build-less release process.
There are lots of differently shaped problems to take on at PestRoutes, and we are looking for engineers who like challenges, are good problem solvers, and can build on an existing framework to optimize for scale. Customer growth presents interesting challenges—you can find something that interests you, with the opportunity to pioneer and take ownership of key features while you grow with the company. Whether you're interested in front-end user experience, mobile app development, query optimization, dev-ops, application security, or something else entirely, you'll be able to find your place.
The Senior Software Engineer position is a Direct-Hire position.
- Implement complex and core functionality within our platform related to scheduling, payments, billing, route optimization, automated tasks, internal/external APIs, etc.
- Follow existing architecture and provide suggestions for improvements
- Propose and implement new systems and processes
- Write scripts to alter business-critical datasets with millions of rows of data
- Perform code reviews for other developers to ensure best practices are followed
- Help mentor, coach, and develop junior members of our development team
- Assist with the recruitment of development new hires
- Work with the latest technologies and tools to solve the problems that affect our customers
- Optimize and tune existing features with poor performance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 6 years' experience with working in a software company or working with a client-facing web application
- Advanced proficiency with OOP languages such as Python, Java, and C#. PHP preferred
- Proficiency in one or more RDBMS databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres. PHP preferred
- Working knowledge of the implementation of complex and core features in a mature codebase
- Strong knowledge of business-critical systems (such as banking, CRM, or field services)
- Strong knowledge of databases and ability to write complex and mission-critical SQL/MySQL queries
- Strong knowledge of git
- Knowledge of front-end technology
- Strong understanding of an Agile work environment and Agile SDLC
- Strong understanding of version control and deployment strategies
- Ability to track down, solve, and release solutions to bugs and issues
- Ability to be detail-oriented
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment